Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Camera Eccentric, Sale&Information

Re: Camera Eccentric, Sale&Information

Quote Originally Posted by alec4444 View Post
    Just bought that B&L Portrait Unar from Seth (and Laura - it's a two person operation) today and they've been a charm to communicate with. Can't wait for this lens - been eying it for some time!

--A
    I was hoping someone would buy that before I broke down. I saw it on the site before he put it up on eBay. Post some pics when you get that thing. Did it come with a flange?

No flange, and the soft focus lever needs to be reattached to the element (hoping it's as simple as that sounds!!!). I have a lens clamp that should do fine - just need to get it on a lens board.

Saw it on their site as well and have been thinking and thinking until the other day when my finger slipped on that buy button. Oooops, now look what I've done! =)

--A

Hello, could suggest me a good camera shop in Paris ?
    Thanks
    Francesco

Quote Originally Posted by BarryS View Post
    I was hoping someone would buy that before I broke down. I saw it on the site before he put it up on eBay. Post some pics when you get that thing. Did it come with a flange?
    Be thankful you didn't snag it. I misjudged the cost of fixing the diffusion lever, which came to $230. Item came perfectly as described (no flange) but my misjudgment made this an expensive lens. No flange; Richard Ritter kindly gave me a quote of $145 to make a metal board that the lens would screw into so that it would fit on one of my boards. (I also misjudged the size!) That solution (which is undoubtedly the best one) would bring total cost of this to $825. Pretty sure that exceeds the value of the lens! Holding off while I weigh options.

--A

PS: I should add (given this thread subject) that the misjudgment of repair cost and mounting cost was wholly my own. Seth & Laura were super nice to deal with; and I hope to purchase from them again!

What I like is they tell you up front every thing about the lens before you buy and so you know WYSIWYG, I just a Emil Busch Rapid Aplanat Will see if my thoughts on this lens are right:
    Lauren MacIntosh

Whats in back of you is the past and whats in front of you is the future now in the middle you have choices to make for yourself:

I like their site a lot! Very informative on vintage lenses.
    "I believe there is nothing more disturbing than a sharp image of a fuzzy concept!" (Ansel Adams)

https://philippe.grunchec-photographe.over-blog.com/