Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Greeting from Portland OR

Re: Greeting from Portland OR

Russ - send me an email. There's a group of us that less formal than PPF and we get together pretty much monthly. Next meeting is after new years sometime. We're not specifically large format, but most people in the group shoot large format.

Here are some of our speakers planned for the up coming PPF meetings.
    January meeting
    PPF Board member Loren Nelson has asked his friend Dale Strouse to come in and share his work. Dale is a self taught B&W wilderness and urban landscape photographer. He practices traditional wet darkroom printing techniques along with some masking to produce the fine art prints. He has had many group and one person shows in the Pacific Northwest and has several publishing credits, most recently in the Nov./Dec. 2001 Photo Techniques magazine.
    February
    Digital photographers Mykel and Sandra Hibbard. From their website www.mykeland sandra.com says the art of Mykel and Sandra has been touted as having a Pre-Raphaelite feel with a contemporary edge. The work maybe racy for some of you.
    March
    we’ll have another digital photographer, Susan Bein. She does some interesting work. Some portraits and what I thought Adrianne Brockman would like dog parks at night or twilight. Here is Susan’s website page, http://flickr.com/photos/wizmo. I’m hoping to have Susan lead a PPF workshop in 2009. And I’m hoping that she will bring her friend, Cara Weston to her lecture and for the workshop. Cara is Edward’s Granddaughter and a fine photographer as well.
    April
    We'll have PPF member John Griffins give a history of photography
    and in
    May
    Jason Langer will bet showing us his students work from the University of San Francisco.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Keyes View Post
    Russ - send me an email. There's a group of us that less formal than PPF and we get together pretty much monthly. Next meeting is after new years sometime. We're not specifically large format, but most people in the group shoot large format.
    Thanks Kirk, due to the restrictions on this forum I don't seem to be able to access you email address since I haven't been around here that long. I'd love to be able to go out for some picture taking and goggle some LF cameras. All I've got right now is some RF's and an old Ricohflex TLR that needs some work.