Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Where have they gone?

Re: Where have they gone?

Quote Originally Posted by John Voss View Post
    I met the woman who is now my wife of six years on a photo site to which neither of us have posted for years. Now THAT's a nifty thing in itself!
    John,

Hi to Susan (hope I got that right). I was just reviewing a zip file (comments included) of my 1st 100 odd posts to that site the other day. Reading over the comments showed how good that sites feedback was IMO. it also highlighted my monitor must have been terrible back then... I'm ashamed I posted some if it!

Cheers, Nige

Quote Originally Posted by Merg Ross View Post
    As a frequenter of this forum for a fair number of years, I am curious about the disappearance of former contributors, some of whom gave the site a spark. Have they been banned, become disenchanted, or perhaps have more pressing issues at the moment? Any thoughts?
    We ban very few real contributors, and then only due to repeated violations of the guidelines and their refusal to "play by the rules" that everyone accepts when registering here. Those guidelines, and their enforcement, have remained pretty consistent over the years, although the new software has enabled better application of the guidelines.

Individual member objectives and priorities change over time, I think. And, the "personality" of a forum tends to vary somewhat over time based on the membership at any given point in time, even if the administration remains consistent. How an individual member responds to those changes (or the underlying consistency) is a matter of their own choosing.

Ralph, thank you. From your respone, and those of other members, my question has been answered. Best of all, I see new names pop up now and then, and have also noticed a few from the past just lurking. I did not intend to imply that the forum was in any way deteriorating. It has a lot to offer.