Page 436 of 1726 FirstFirst ... 3363864264344354364374384464865369361436 ... LastLast
Results 4,351 to 4,360 of 17255

Thread: safe haven for tiny formats

Re: safe haven for tiny formats

Quote Originally Posted by jcoldslabs View Post
    Thanks for the honesty! I have never parachuted and likely never will since I'm way too scared, but your experience would certainly apply to me if I tried it.

I'm liking the Sunny 11 thing.

Jonathan
    I believe it's inferred that Sunny 16 rule should be opened up a stop from that rule for the higher latitudes during non-summer months and times when the sun is lower in the sky.

Interesting rule, I may have to try that.

I need to take a film camera with me flying some day. I've shot some digisnaps while piloting, but never film.

Abuser of God's Sunlight

I just put images online from my first wee camera project in years. All from the last two months, since the camera showed up.
    The rest is here.

]

Really nice work, Paul. Which "wee camera" was it?

Jonathan

Abuser of God's Sunlight

Thank you, Jonathan.
    It's a wee d800 with a 50mm lens. Quite a bit smaller than what many tourists carry around ...

Paul,

Looking through the body of work as a whole was a rewarding experience. Some of the images stand on their own, to be sure, but seen as a series it works very well. This is one of the first group of images I've seen in a while that makes me wish I had a digital camera. (I know, I know--I should get out more!)

I used to shoot on the subway when I lived in Boston years ago. I had a waist level finder for my Nikon F3 which I loved. No one ever thought you were shooting photos when looking down into the camera on your lap, although precise focusing was tricky.

Jonathan

Quote Originally Posted by paulr View Post
    I just put images online from my first wee camera project in years. All from the last two months, since the camera showed up.
    The rest is here.
    Very nice. A nice object lesson in using every bit of the frame for the composition elements and for keeping your eyes open to the difference between what you see and what's actually in front of you.

Though it might spoil the presentation, I can't help but think there must be some good vertical compositions or square compositions out there too.

Nice work, Paul!
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know

Paul, this seems less labored than the urban gardens series, and less socially pointed than the southwest landscapes that show man's initerruption of natural beauty.

I wonder if anyone who is an unwitting subject of your photos became aware of that lens pointing at them through the subway window panes and expressed annoyance. When I'm riding on mass transit, I turn within myself, but I think if some guy was photographing me closely enough to see what I was reading, I might get a little peeved. Others might be more willing to express that than I am, however. I'm not sure I can run fast enough. And the fact of that thought running through my mind would probably be as apparent as a neon sign.

I like the use of reflections to create visual confusion that demands further study.

Rick "who might consider some little Panasonic digicam for this wort of work" Denney

Rick, a DSLR with a 50mm is very generic and normal in a touristy city. Especially after you take the gold d800 strap off and replace it with something less.