Page 850 of 1724 FirstFirst ... 3507508008408488498508518528609009501350 ... LastLast
Results 8,491 to 8,500 of 17236

Thread: safe haven for tiny formats

Re: safe haven for tiny formats

Quote Originally Posted by tuco View Post
    I feel for the guy.

I climbed it many, many years ago starting from the lodge around midnight in late June. I got a picture of me at the top but I don't remember much about it. I do remember the last leg being practically a vertical wall of ice to get past. But with all the traffic it was practically little ledges to step on. But still ice crampons were a must.
    I started at 1:30 in the morning and made it back to my car at 1:30 in the afternoon, and that was a tough twelve hours. The bit near the top is the worst, terribly steep, with a fall off beneath your feet that is truly nauseating. For a couple of days afterwards I was telling myself (and my wife) that my brief mountain climbing career was over. Never again! Of course, now I find myself secretly looking at pictures of Mt. Adams and thinking; "Hmm..."

Quote Originally Posted by austin granger View Post
    ... I was telling myself (and my wife) that my brief mountain climbing career was over. Never again! Of course, now I find myself secretly looking at pictures of Mt. Adams and thinking; "Hmm..."
    I forgot to say congrats on a successful climb. Was that a bucket list item or something? But, yeah, after forgetting the effort and pain, you start thinking about other trips.

I started at 1:30 in the morning and made it back to my car at 1:30 in the afternoon, and that was a tough twelve hours. The bit near the top is the worst, terribly steep, with a fall off beneath your feet that is truly nauseating. For a couple of days afterwards I was telling myself (and my wife) that my brief mountain climbing career was over. Never again! Of course, now I find myself secretly looking at pictures of Mt. Adams and thinking; "Hmm..."
    So you're not the next Ueli Steck after all, huh? Congrats on the climb. Stunning photographs, the sense of place is really tangible.

Quote Originally Posted by tuco View Post
    I forgot to say congrats on a successful climb. Was that a bucket list item or something? But, yeah, after forgetting the effort and pain, you start thinking about other trips.
    Thanks Tuco. I see Hood a couple of times a day and I thought it'd be rewarding to know I'd climbed it. Plus now, every time I spot it with my kids, I can say; "Yeah, I've been up there." They're going to get so sick of me saying that!

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Truckenbrod View Post
    So you're not the next Ueli Steck after all, huh? Congrats on the climb. Stunning photographs, the sense of place is really tangible.
    Joel, I'm such an amateur mountain climber that I didn't even know who Ueli Steck was until I just looked him up! Thanks for the kind words on the pics.

Joel, I'm such an amateur mountain climber that I didn't even know who Ueli Steck was until I just looked him up! Thanks for the kind words on the pics.
    Ha! Leave it to a flat-lander from the Midwest to tip you in on Ueli Steck. I watched a film documenting his free-solo of the north face of the Eiger a couple of years at a local outdoor expo and it's stuck with me ever since (there are some poor low-res clips on youtube, that show small portions of the film). Really stunning.

And oh, Tuco, congrats to you as well! I'm sure the mountain hasn't changed much since you left it.

I'll check that out Joel. I'm sure it'll humble me right quick.

Finding blingy compositions at the car show... 1939 Oldsmobile Fender/Hood
    I blend in with the normal camera guys with a d600 and 50mm.

_DSC6720 by philbrookjason, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by jp498 View Post
    Finding blingy compositions at the car show... 1939 Oldsmobile Fender/Hood
    I blend in with the normal camera guys with a d600 and 50mm.

Sweet shot

I love to photography old cars. Nice job.
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know