Page 721 of 1724 FirstFirst ... 22162167171171972072172272373177182112211721 ... LastLast
Results 7,201 to 7,210 of 17232

Thread: safe haven for tiny formats

Re: safe haven for tiny formats

As usual, I love your work Austin...but...does the sun ever shine where you live?

Also, are you still shooting with the Yashica TLR?
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/52893762/bigger4b.jpg

From a stroll around the little town of Portland, Oregon. (And no, Randy, we won't see the sun until May of next year.)

Tru-View Plastic 120 Camera

Jonathan

Quote Originally Posted by jcoldslabs View Post
    (And no, Randy, we won't see the sun until May of next year.)
    Lucky bastards! Most of the time, when me lady says..."Hey, lets go take some pictures"...my response is, "no...sun is out".

Well, you know they say, "It only rains twice a year in Portland: October through April and May through June." Ba-dum ching!

Actually, you both had me laughing as just after I posted the pictures above I was thinking; "Man, what a drab bunch of photos!" But I suppose drab photos befit a drab day.

Jonathan and I have been mulling over giving each other photo assignments, where I send him someplace (determined as randomly as possible) and he sends me someplace, just to see what we can come up with. I imagine the pictures might look something like these last couple of pages.

Quote Originally Posted by austin granger View Post
    Jonathan and I have been mulling over giving each other photo assignments, where I send him someplace (determined as randomly as possible) and he sends me someplace, just to see what we can come up with. I imagine the pictures might look something like these last couple of pages.
    I'm still up for this idea. Maybe we should write down various intersections on slips of paper and draw them out of a hat. Your photos above remind me that I should go back to Oregon City myself. It seems like a very photogenic place and worlds away from Portland without actually being that far down the road.

And honestly, I prefer overcast skies for photography. Sunlight perplexes me.

J.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy View Post
    Also, are you still shooting with the Yashica TLR?
    Sorry Randy, I forgot to answer your question. For the past year or so I've been mostly using a Fuji GF670. As much as I like my Yashica Mat, I prefer to have an eye level finder, and overall the GF is a joy both to carry and to use. While it's definitely not for everyone, I'll say that it's been my favorite medium format camera yet (and I've used a lot of them).

Rats! I was hoping those were taken with the Yashica, as I have the D model. Now, if I want to take pictures as good as yours I have to spend more money ...but...if I want to take pictures as good as Jonathan, I have to spend less money.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy View Post
    Rats! I was hoping those were taken with the Yashica, as I have the D model. Now, if I want to take pictures as good as yours I have to spend more money ...but...if I want to take pictures as good as Jonathan, I have to spend less money.
    I've honestly not noticed any difference in image quality between the Yashica Mat and the Fuji. The lenses in Yashica Mats are fine. As far as I'm concerned, the only significant difference in the two cameras is in how they operate. Now Holgas or Tru-Views, that's a different story, though as demonstrated above, they too are perfectly capable of making arresting pictures. Or check out this guy I know from flickr. I believe most, if not all of his stuff is done with a Holga: http://www.flickr.com/photos/menlo/ Wow!

Those are nice Austin, I've always liked Gordon's work with the Holga.

Quote Originally Posted by austin granger View Post
    Oregon City continued:
    This particular set is very evocative, Austin. Very moody images.