Page 1686 of 1724 FirstFirst ... 6861186158616361676168416851686168716881696 ... LastLast
Results 16,851 to 16,860 of 17233

Thread: safe haven for tiny formats

Re: safe haven for tiny formats

Tim Kelly Lighting Test Mamiya C33 105DS Pan F Plus by Nokton48, on Flickr

Yep this is Mamyflex 105DS with Parramender. Also shot same with 500C/M with 100mm Planar. Pretty much identical negs, hard to tell apart. Both are good shooters for different reasons. Now I have digital CFV too. I bought a case of Pan F 120 expired from the basement of MPEX, they had a pallet of it. Now getting down to the end of it. A dollar a roll as I remember.

Thirty years ago I studied Tim Kelly's portrait techniques. Now I am revising and revisiting it in my smaller studio. A Broncolor C171 monolight with modern 360 degree Broncolor Balloon Head at 90 degrees left. Another C171 with Pulso Softbox at 45 degrees left, set one stop brighter. A whitish fill panel semi silver at 45 degrees right, just out of the shot Finally, a smaller C70 Broncolor Monolight, with custom made old Broncolor snoot and grid, 45 degrees right but up very high, creating the spot of light just to the right and slightly above the test subject. The idea is that the lighting reads "dark, light, dark, light" which creates an artistic rhythm that is very classic. Mamiya C33 105DS Yellow Filter, and Paramender for precision composition. Ilford Pan F+ developed in D23 1:1 in JOBO tank on Unicolor Uniroller. Omega DII laser aligned with Omegalite Head and 180mm black Rodagon. Arista #2 RC 8x10 paper developed in Multigrade. Canvas background 8x8 feet "Classic Kelly Brown" painted recently for me by artist David Maheu
    Last edited by Daniel Unkefer; 15-Oct-2023 at 07:27.
    Flikr Photos Here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/18134483@N04/

“The secret of getting ahead is getting started.”
    ― Mark Twain

Broncolor Impaspot Impact 41 CFV16 60 Dist by Nokton48, on Flickr

Rebuilding an Olde Broncolor Impaspot; in fact I have two of them. And now a Visatec (Broncolor Wedding and Portrait Division) 1600B Monolight 600J strobe. Hasselblad 500C/M 60mm F3.5 Zeiss Distagon C T* CFV16 Digital Back. An olde crusty Acetate Mask needs to be reprinted and made clean. But the effect of this olde mask is kind of cool IMO. Olde Broncolor strobe spotlights are fun to play with
    Last edited by Daniel Unkefer; 15-Oct-2023 at 07:21.

― Mark Twain

This was unexpected, but turned out kinda cool. From today's partial eclipse here in GA.
    Nikon F2, 500mm f/4 AFD-II, 1.4x TC, 10,000x ND filter, Kodak XX film:

So a couple of months ago I shot in a storm in New Orleans. I had a couple rolls of film in my pocket. I think this one must have gotten waterlogged and I didn't realize it. The emulsion melted off the second half of the roll.
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

Mamyflex 180mm Hartblei Stovepipe Paramender StarD by Nokton48, on Flickr

My knock around camera very stealthy. Mamiyaflex C2 with 180mm lens, original Mamiya Hood, Hartblei K88 Stovpipe and Paramender. Mounted on StarD tripod very lightweight but sturdy. A Workin' Man's Camera LOL. The front of the 180 was schmushed, so cut strips of Hollywood Gaffer Tape and taped the filters on, good as new to me. The screws in the Paramender were stripped out, so I glued them back in place with JBWELD. Also good as new, like the patina. Set was lit by my new to me Visatec 1600B Monolight with an Impact 600J Beauty Light attached. Marty Rickard Mirror Unit on left side reflecting a selective bit of fill. Backgrouund by Artist James Bright. One of the plastic knobs on the StarD were smashed; I replaced it with one from an Olde Leitz Tiltall. Otherwise it's all stock and original. You compose with the top lens, then raise the camera the correct amount using the Paramender. Only problem is a few times I have forgotten to do that! LOL

― Mark Twain

Resolution Test Nex7 50mm Zeiss Touit by Nokton48, on Flickr

I found this olde resolution test sheet recently. Placed it in an Omega 6x6 D2 Carrier, placed it on lightbox. Zeiss 50mm F2.8 Makro Planar T* on Sony Nex7. Auto Everything result. Resolution looks pretty good to me! I'm just starting to learn about digitizing negatives. I think this is a pretty good setup.

― Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Corran View Post
    This was unexpected, but turned out kinda cool. From today's partial eclipse here in GA.
    Nikon F2, 500mm f/4 AFD-II, 1.4x TC, 10,000x ND filter, Kodak XX film:

So a couple of months ago I shot in a storm in New Orleans. I had a couple rolls of film in my pocket. I think this one must have gotten waterlogged and I didn't realize it. The emulsion melted off the second half of the roll.
    Unexpected, often the best. Cool indeed. Congratulations, Corran!

Thanks Merg! I imagine this emulsion might fall apart more so I'll probably make some prints this weekend before I try to put it in a sleeve.
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Corran View Post
    Thanks Merg! I imagine this emulsion might fall apart more so I'll probably make some prints this weekend before I try to put it in a sleeve.

Merg knows

and Bryan
    Tin Can

Annular eclipse Tx. 2023 with my pixel 7 pro and solar filter

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	eclipse.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	9.4 KB 
ID:	243175

Bryan...symbolizing the eclipse of analog photography?

(hey...just having a bit of fun - honest!)