Page 761 of 1724 FirstFirst ... 2616617117517597607617627637718118611261 ... LastLast
Results 7,601 to 7,610 of 17238

Thread: safe haven for tiny formats

Re: safe haven for tiny formats

Quote Originally Posted by snay1345 View Post
    Roy's Motel and Cafe. It is right up the street from me so I figured I would go and take a few photos. The color one is a D7000 and the Black and White is a Yashicamat 124.
    The BW is sweet. I really like old hotel/motel signs. The Roy's sign is amazingly clear of power cables/poles and what-not. I found some old, run down hotel signs in my area and thought about collecting shots of them while they still exist. But they are so polluted with power cables, poles and other things built around them and in the way that it stops me from ever trying.

Thanks for the replies. There are alot of old abandoned things out here in the desert along route 66 to take photos of.

Hedgerow hiding Something, Beaverton

Deer grazing, Portland

http://www.flickr.com/photos/austingranger/

These are meant to go as a tryptic. My last pack of Polaroid 665. I kicked the wife and the kid out of the house for a while so I could have some time for myself and a new Isco-Gottingen Kiptar lens. I am quite liking it. It's a 180mm f3.1 Petzval projection lens.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramiro Elena View Post
    These are meant to go as a tryptic. My last pack of Polaroid 665. I kicked the wife and the kid out of the house for a while so I could have some time for myself and a new Isco-Gottingen Kiptar lens. I am quite liking it. It's a 180mm f3.1 Petzval projection lens.

Keep the lens! These are fantastic; bravissimo!
    RIP Type 665.

Very nice Ramiro! You should kick them out more often
    Tom Keymeulen

Another trip to the Oregon Sand Dunes. This time I also took some color film along so I used my 500C/M so I could swap backs. A color and BW version of the same.

Zeiss CF T* 50/f4 FLE, 100ACR

Oregon Sand Dunes by yo_tuco, on Flickr

New Portra 160 + CPL Filter, Jobo C-41 Press Kit

Oregon Sand Dunes by yo_tuco, on Flickr

My last pack of Polaroid 665.

These are lovely, Ramiro, but what are they doing in the 'Tiny Formats' thread? My understanding is that if you shoot it with a large format camera it counts as large format (as far as this forum is concerned, anyway) even if you use a roll film back.

I, too, have one remaining pack of Type 665 that I have been hesitant to shoot, although I think I'm just going to harvest the pods to bring some old Type 55 back to life.

Jonathan

Thank's y'all
    I never know which side to fall on with these in between formats. Truth is it is only a bare centimeter short from 9x12. I placed it here just to be "safe" :P
    There's one on the Still Life 2014 thread too.
    I wonder what the market price is for expired 665 these days. I have located some but I don't know if it is too expensive.

It was nice to have that "in tune" feeling again when shooting these stills. Ever too often I don't have the time to relax and enjoy it with family rushing you on to the next thing.
    The lens was a nice find too. I have several of these in shorter focal lengths. My all time trusty Petzval wasn't doing it for me lately. The area of focus is so narrow it is impossible to compose anything that's not in the dead center of the frame.
    I'll have to see if it cover 4x5. I see some clipping in the corners at infinity. This 665 format seems perfect for it.

cpercy

Quote Originally Posted by austin granger View Post
    Thanks guys. It's funny, neither a microscope nor a planetarium crossed my mind when I made that, though I love both of those things. Actually, what I was thinking (not that it matters) was that this living thing bound with straps and netted with spiky lights was a pretty good metaphor for the crucifiction story. Maybe because I was at a Catholic shrine here in Portland. Also, I just thought it had a good feeling of movement, like the tree limbs were two dancers, or else two people tied together trying to escape one other. See, now aren't you glad I don't usually talk about my pictures?

Fantastic image Austin, I like the two dancers idea it really fits the image well, to me its quite celebratory.