Page 390 of 1723 FirstFirst ... 2903403803883893903913924004404908901390 ... LastLast
Results 3,891 to 3,900 of 17230

Thread: safe haven for tiny formats

Re: safe haven for tiny formats

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	at_the_farm_with_uncle_bernd_by_steven6773-d5apcw5.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	53.6 KB 
ID:	78566
    Picture taken with my Revueflex 35mm slr. I hed the film developed and scanned the negative. The scanner I use doesn't stay true to colors. I have to change them after I scan. I try not to alter the colors to much because I like the "vintage" look.

A candid shot of my brother at the cemetery after we buried my grandmother in 2000.

Mamiya 7, Portra 160

Jonathan

Name:	even kathleen geeze has them blues sometimes.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	69.7 KB 
ID:	78596
    portra 160, nikon f3 cvs develop and scan

Name:	pheobe cox is a wizard lady.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	67.5 KB 
ID:	78597
    same, this one is my Intern From Smith college! Rock on Seven Sisters, she picked up my scans at the cvs did morning!

Name:	this is your brain on hugz.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	53.0 KB 
ID:	78598
    this is your brain on hugs
    canon ae1 portra 160 cvs scans (noritsu, does any one know what kind of light source they use? the scans are weird but good;-)

Name:	how pulas teach on the streets of providence rhodie island after roger waters.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	67.3 KB 
ID:	78599
    I handed my camera to my intern or some one else during the lecture I did the other day at AS220 in Providence RI the other week, dude those peeps there... they teach low rider cholo's and just plain weird irish ginger kids how to 3d print their own robots..... and we have lego to thank for all that! hooray for the salvation army band is what I say

Quote Originally Posted by Corran View Post
    A side-effect of wildly different monitors and resolutions, viewing images here is subjective. They open up for me about 6 inches wide. I suppose I could save it, open it in PS and enlarge it, but that's a lot of trouble. I guess if they were bigger some of you would have to scroll to see it all. It's all a trade-off.
    Once I click on the image, I click on it again and it re-opens. Then I can simply enlarge the image using "command +" on my Mac (don't know how to enlarge the screen image on a PC).

Vaughn

Quote Originally Posted by tgtaylor View Post
    Pat,

Is the DMZ now open to the public? Thomas
    Thomas, there are public tours of two areas of the DMZ. My stepson has been teaching English in Korea for the last 10 years. He drove us to Imjingang where we purchased tickets, given passes for the tour and purchased rail tickets for the train ride to Dorasan station. Once at Dorasan we boarded a tour bus that drove us to two stops. The first was a civilian observation post where high powered binoculars could be used to look over the 4 km DMZ separating the north and south. Photography at that point overlooking the DMZ was strictly prohibited. The guards would make you delete or they would delete any photos taken. Believe me, I saw the guards do it to the public at the observation point. From there the bus took us to Tunnel #3 of seven tunnels that were discovered that North Korea had built under the DMZ. There was a tour that took the public down to the tunnel. Everyone had to lock all belongs in lockers before boarding the mine train for the tour of the tunnel. I wasn't allowed on the tour of the tunnel because I was wearing an insulin pump. There was a very nice small park at the tunnel that I walked around waiting for the return of the mine train. It was there that I shot the photo of the daisies. The entire road along the route had wire with the red mine warning signs hanging about every 10 meters. I thought some areas were fake but others were live. From there the tour bus returned to Dorasan station. You surrendered your passes to the guards before going through the turnstiles and you took the train back to Imjingang. All in all, it was an interesting experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn View Post
    Once I click on the image, I click on it again and it re-opens. Then I can simply enlarge the image using "command +" on my Mac (don't know how to enlarge the screen image on a PC).

Vaughn
    On the PC, with most browsers, you can just hold down the CTRL key and use the mouse scroll wheel to zoom. ^0 to re-set to standard size.

A couple in a series that has sorted of planned itself in my brain, of portraits of friends within a certain circle of friends, this one of Max Karl Grimm:

Max1a by Roger Cole, on Flickr

Max's art can be seen here:

The Art of Max Grimm

And one of my friend Caleb, a talented photographer in his own right who shoots digital:

Caleb1a by Roger Cole, on Flickr

Caleb's site is here:

The Photo Monk

Both shot on FP4+ in my Yashicamat 124, D76 1+!, printed on Ilford MGWT FB developed in Ilford WT developer and toned for 45 seconds in brown toner mixed 1/8th strength.