Page 359 of 1724 FirstFirst ... 2593093493573583593603613694094598591359 ... LastLast
Results 3,581 to 3,590 of 17233

Thread: safe haven for tiny formats

Re: safe haven for tiny formats

Another on the Adox:

[IMG] Untitled by Jay DeFehr, on Flickr[/IMG]

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	me being cool.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	80.2 KB 
ID:	75569
    A picture of yours truly by my oldest friend Jeremiah Burbank, he's a filmmaker and we are collaborating on a project about local (pioneer valley Mass) farm csa shares, you can check out the pictures here http://pvfsp.tumblr.com/ we were out all morning meeting the coolest people and my basement is full of drying 35mm and 120 tri-x! The focus won't budge closer than 3 meters but its such a sweet camera! I picked it up for free from MassArt, they are remodeling and getting rid of the hundreds of cameras people donate all the time, I also picked up a jammed rz67 II body, gave it to Joe Seward, he's a MIT dropout and I knew he could do something cool with it, I'm hoping lazers are involved.

I once gave a waitress in need a k1000 some one donated to MassArt (it was in a box of dozens of other well worn pentaxes) and I got free Reuben sandwiches for a month! Spread the analog love my friends and reap the tasty rewards

Shot this with an Anscoflex II 620 fixed lens TLR. The camera is pretty goofy looking even though it was designed by Raymond Loewy. I had a roll of Tri-X 620 that expired in 1969 which I thought was fitting for use with this camera. Amazing that you can get any images at all with film that old.

Here's the camera itself (image courtesy of Camerapedia):

Jonathan

Quote Originally Posted by jcoldslabs View Post
    Shot this with an Anscoflex II 620 fixed lens TLR. The camera is pretty goofy looking even though it was designed by Raymond Loewy. I had a roll of Tri-X 620 that expired in 1969 which I thought was fitting for use with this camera. Amazing that you can get any images at all with film that old.

Here's the camera itself (image courtesy of Camerapedia):

Jonathan
    Is the camera housing metal? I know someone who would love that camera.

I've been wanting to try this Bell & Howell Electric Eye 127 I found stashed away at my parents house. It takes 127 film which has slowed me down from taking it for a spin. On the bottom of the camera is a placard giving the names of the films to use and if a flash bulb is required. The dial you see on the top selects the "film setting" from one of two positions with a color coded dot given on the placard with the film brands. The films listed on the placard include:

• All Weather Pan
    • Verichrome Pan
    • Ektachrome Daylight
    • Anscochrome Daylight
    • Kodacolor
    • Super Anscochrome

There is no focus control and the aperture is automatic. When there is not enough light, you see the top of that red flag in the view finder blocking the otherwise "green light", green plastic illuminated by the light in the view finder, indicating good-to-go I guess. I looked up Super Ansochrome and it appears to be ASA 100 but regular Ansochrome was 32? Funny, it becomes a research project in old film just to put a substitute in the camera.

Last edited by tuco; 17-Jun-2012 at 08:22.

"all weather pan" I wish we had that now.
    Here's one from my digital camera, aka iphone 4.

leaf on pavement by vinnywalsh.com, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by tuco View Post
    Is the camera housing metal? I know someone who would love that camera.
    Yep, the housing is all metal, with some smaller bits of plastic here and there (knobs and such). That was the first roll I shot with it. Perfectly fine overall, but not quite as crappy as Holgas and Dianas. There is a built-in yellow filter and a built-in close-up lens. The internal close-up diopter allows for objects at six feet or so to be in focus. This must have been for portraits. These go pretty cheap on Eb@y.

I have a few 127 cameras akin to your Bell & Howell, but like you the film is the hold up. I have read that you can use a sharp cigar cutter to cut down a 120 roll to 127 size, but I'm not sure about frame numbers. You'd have to guess at that point, I think. I've thought about cutting down some 120 backing paper and spooling up some 35mm for fun. It might be worth buying one roll of proper Efke 127 simply to have the backing paper and frame number spacing as a template, unless anyone out there has some old 127 backing paper they'd like to donate to the cause?

Jonathan

Quote Originally Posted by jcoldslabs View Post
    Yep, the housing is all metal, with some smaller bits of plastic here and there (knobs and such). That was the first roll I shot with it. Perfectly fine overall, but not quite as crappy as Holgas and Dianas. There is a built-in yellow filter and a built-in close-up lens. The internal close-up diopter allows for objects at six feet or so to be in focus. This must have been for portraits. These go pretty cheap on Eb@y.

I have a few 127 cameras akin to your Bell & Howell, but like you the film is the hold up. I have read that you can use a sharp cigar cutter to cut down a 120 roll to 127 size, but I'm not sure about frame numbers. You'd have to guess at that point, I think. I've thought about cutting down some 120 backing paper and spooling up some 35mm for fun. It might be worth buying one roll of proper Efke 127 simply to have the backing paper and frame number spacing as a template, unless anyone out there has some old 127 backing paper they'd like to donate to the cause?

Jonathan

Efke film isn't all that bad. I just don't like the fact that there is only one emulsion. I have a little Yashica 44 TLR and use it every now and then. I get a lot of looks when I bring it out. Today I will have my Kodak Brownie Hawkeye. I found that I can use 120 film if I have a 620 spool in the take up end.

PM me, I think I still have the backing paper from a few old rolls of the Efke.

Michael Cienfuegos

Thanks for the offer, Michael. PM sent.

Jonathan

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	let us now praise famous farm women.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	85.0 KB 
ID:	75613
    let us now praise ethical tomato harvesting, sunderland mass, yesterday with a texas leica and tri-x, I heard this amazing fresh air interview a while back, evil florida tomato farmers go down to latin america, trick indios who don't even speak spanish into moving out to reclaimed swamp land in the everglades and then its 16 tons and what do they get another day older and deeper in debt, apparently Florida has the highest rate of enslavement in the union and we get shitty tasting pink styrofoam tomatos in the middle of winter.... well these guys do it right!