Page 1017 of 1722 FirstFirst ... 175179179671007101510161017101810191027106711171517 ... LastLast
Results 10,161 to 10,170 of 17219

Thread: safe haven for tiny formats

Re: safe haven for tiny formats

tuco,
    I used the trick of scanning a blank frame with Vuescan, locking the exposure, then re-scanning, locked the film base and saved the settings as a preset for Portra 400. Then I did a raw scan and used ColorPerfect to get the colours just about right. Finally, in LR I used the WB dropper to find a neutral spot and clicked. Not much else needed. I don't usually go to those lengths, but the two portraits were taken under fluorescent light and the initial scans had green shadows, so I felt I ought to make the extra effort.

Desert Road, Mamiya RZ67 on FP4 stand in Rodinal

Storm in the desert, taken at the same time as the one above but I rotated a bit. The clouds were moving away from the road, I showed up about 10 minutes too late for the storm to be able to be captured with the road. I think that would have made for a better photo.

Mailboxes with Joshua Tree

Quote Originally Posted by chrism View Post
    tuco,
    I used the trick of scanning a blank frame with Vuescan, locking the exposure, then re-scanning, locked the film base and saved the settings as a preset for Portra 400. Then I did a raw scan and used ColorPerfect to get the colours just about right. Finally, in LR I used the WB dropper to find a neutral spot and clicked. Not much else needed. I don't usually go to those lengths, but the two portraits were taken under fluorescent light and the initial scans had green shadows, so I felt I ought to make the extra effort.
    Thanks. I've been down the raw scan->ColorPerfect road some years ago. A roadblock at the time was ColorPerfect did not have OSX support. I don't know what it's like now. I've e-mailed the guy at Vuescan and asked if he'd add more color profiles for modern films but apparently he only updates it for running on scanners and not color scanning.

My girlfriend Meagan had to say goodbye recently to one of her favorite prints I've made. I donated THIS big print to a local charity and it was auctioned off. I was surprised and elated that it ended up being the 3rd highest-priced piece in the auction. Now if only they would buy my prints when I have them at shows/galleries, as this one was actually at one time (it didn't sell, obviously, and was priced much lower than the auction hit). It's for a good cause though.

Here she is in front of the print as we left.
    Leica III, 5cm f/2 Summitar wide-open, Tri-X, SPUR HRX:

Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Corran View Post
    My girlfriend Meagan had to say goodbye recently to one of her favorite prints I've made. I donated ...
    Really nice print you donated. At first I thought it was the one on the wall with her head shadow on it.

Thanks tuco! Yeah that other print was from a friend of mine, of the mill her and I were documenting back in 2012-2014.

Now something way different. I'm doing a bunch of social media content creation for the college this semester. Took photos of our dance students auditioning.

Leica M9, 50mm f/1.1 Nokton (my new favorite lens for available-darkness photography):

Quote Originally Posted by Corran View Post

Now something way different. I'm doing a bunch of social media content creation for the college this semester. Took photos of our dance students auditioning.

Leica M9, 50mm f/1.1 Nokton (my new favorite lens for available-darkness photography):
    What f-stop was that?

I think somewhere between f/1.1 and f/1.4.