Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Ebay and PayPal BITE me. A cautionary tale! Anyone near East Fulton Tennessee?

Re: Ebay and PayPal BITE me. A cautionary tale! Anyone near East Fulton Tennessee?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Vuillemenot View Post
    They let you just use a credit card at first. Once you've charged $2000 in purchases with them, if you want to continue using the service, they make you become a registered user, which involves giving them your bank account information.
    I have to log in with a password, and have an account. Doesn't that make me a registered user? I have spent well over $2000 on this account, and they have never suggested I have to give them any more than the credit card info. I've had this same account for years.

Re: Ebay and PayPal BITE me. A cautionary tale! Anyone near East Fulton Tennessee?

I've not read the whole five pages, but I'd like to see the masses rally against paypal and have some exposure of how badly users are treated.

However I doubt the push and shove would work, after all there are too many "happy" users of paypal internationally.

This really sucks.

Of no help to you now, Jim, but what I've done for big ticket items is use an escrow service. So much easier/faster/safer if you get lemons instead of the oranges you bid on.

Good luck getting this resolved.

multiplex

if you don't like pay pal, you can always use pro pay to sell things.
    they are not part of ebay, other than an alternative to paypal ...
    their fees are higher ( monthly fees ) ...

So what's the best way to protect yourself as a seller?

Quote Originally Posted by G Benaim View Post
    So what's the best way to protect yourself as a seller?
    Do you lack faith in the rest of us? Have you no shame? Don't you know better than to ask the same question in three threads?

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Fromm View Post
    Do you lack faith in the rest of us? Have you no shame? Don't you know better than to ask the same question in three threads?
    I just figured different people are paying attention to different threads, same reason I often post identical questions here and on Apug. What's the problem exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by G Benaim View Post
    I just figured different people are paying attention to different threads, same reason I often post identical questions here and on Apug. What's the problem exactly?
    Well, what is the reason for posting in multiple threads? That as many as possible will see the answers...or that as many as possible will answer your question? Think about it then go back to Dan's comment.

You say she moved to TN, but they belonged to her dad, a NY photographer-- Was she in NY at the time of the crime? If so, contact the NY State Attorney General's Office, consumer fraud division and they will get right on it. (And I mean right on it.) They are good and they are efficient, and they will go after her. I had a problem once, and they got me my money back in less than 2 weeks. They accept no excuses from people ripping off consumers.

I'm not sure if the TN State Attorney General has the same type of deal, but if you can't get her in NY, try TN.

People often don't think of contacting law enforcement for these types of things, but that is what they are there for. And if she did this to you, I'd bet money that she did it to others as well. What I found out once, when a customer paid with a bad check (across the country), and wouldn't make good on it, was that often these types of people defraud many people in small increments because they likely won't get prosecuted for such small amounts. But what many localities do is accumulate the smaller fraud amounts from these people, and when they get enough, they do prosecute. Your $800 may be all they need to add to the pot to make a bigger case against her. It varies from state to state. (In some localities it is the sherrif's department that handles these things).

When I opened http://www.paypalsucks.com/ my AVG anti virus prevented opening it citing - The page you are trying to access has been identified as a known exploit, phishing, or social engineering web site and therefore has been blocked for your safety. Without protection, such as that in the AVG Security Toolbar and AVG, your computer is at risk of being compromised, corrupted or having your identity stolen. Please follow one of the suggestions below to continue. -=

True false or otherwise I have no idea, maybe AU is different to US.

Any way there is also this - http://www.aboutpaypal.org/
    Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure... Life is either daring adventure or nothing: Helen Keller.