Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sinar Norma Question.

Re: Sinar Norma Question.

I think it will require some new holes, some bar stock, a tap, and maybe some duct tape ;-) Be sure to share some photos of the FrankenSinar afterwards!

The good thing is that Horseman cameras are cheap -- you could buy an entire camera and resell the extra parts to come out ahead on the deal. There is also the Inka which uses Sinar boards and bellows, although I forget the rail configuration, if you find one it may offer another option.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Petronio View Post
    I think it will require some new holes, some bar stock, a tap, and maybe some duct tape ;-) Be sure to share some photos of the FrankenSinar afterwards!

The good thing is that Horseman cameras are cheap -- you could buy an entire camera and resell the extra parts to come out ahead on the deal. There is also the Inka which uses Sinar boards and bellows, although I forget the rail configuration, if you find one it may offer another option.
    Thanks Frank. As the F-F2 only have base tilts, I will keep the Norma as it is after all.
    I`ve yet to see a cheap 8x10 Horseman.

One small point probably worth noting is that the F's tilt is under the board. Where as the Norma in near the rail. When using considerable rise this difference becomes more obvious. The F is also yore free due to the swing being above the tilt. Axis tilt loose this advantage.
    Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure... Life is either daring adventure or nothing: Helen Keller.

I saw this on ebay, but a bit expensive.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/SINAR-P-FRONT-ST...A13%7C294%3A50

The seller appears to be confused as that is the special heavy duty rear bearer intended for 10X8 but that one has a 5X4 frame on it.

I paid about £140 for one from a UK seller about a month ago and did see one go for £105 recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Clive Gray View Post
    The seller appears to be confused as that is the special heavy duty rear bearer intended for 10X8 but that one has a 5X4 frame on it.

I paid about £140 for one from a UK seller about a month ago and did see one go for £105 recently.
    Thanks Clive, which dealer?

Hi Kieth

Those were small private sellers on ebay, searching ebay UK for Sinar throws up two P front standards at the moment, one for £145 but it doesn't have the carrier frame and a second one for £324 that does.

It is a front standard I believe you are looking for? also if you have a 10X8 back you would ideally be looking for the special front standard that has additional front rise.

As far as dealers are concerned MrCad in Croydon might be worth a try as they have a lot of Sinar gear and currently a half price sale on secondhand equipment.