I've taken some steps to make my 8x10 setup as easily portable as possible over distance in the field. Light weight also translates into a greater possibility of unsharp negs from wind-induced shake however.

I push the tripod feet down to solid ground, hang some weight (rocks, other equipment etc. in a small bag or pack) from the tripod centre post, or sometimes substitute a bungee there with a foot-loop to step on before exposing.

Particularly when shooting with longer lenses - 480mm & 600mm - wind affects the extended bellows. The wind stabiliser kit that someone devised for wooden 8x10 field cameras is another possibility, but seems cumbersome to set up and adjust, and is another pound or two to carry. I already use a monopod/bipod sometimes for additional stability under the lens position, when at full extension.

Maybe adding mass right at the lens standard and at the rear standard would dampen vibration from any wind movement of the bellows? On top of the lens standard perhaps?

A small cloth bag filled with lead shot was one solution sometimes used in a studio situation for that purpose, so I've been thinking about a ZipLock filled with sand/gravel (inside a zippered cloth bag, since sand+lenses= ). It would have the advantage of being filled (and emptied) on-site, rather than having to haul all the mass up and down the hills.

What tips, techniques and gizmos have you discovered that help the camera sit really still, when the breeze keeps breezing? .....and waiting hasn't worked ?