Thread: Bellows transplant

Bellows transplant

First of all, thank you for the information supplied in this forum. I was used to shoot with my beloved Rolleis, but felt in love with the large for mat in my quest for quality. Here in Brazil, large equipment is scarce but somehow I ended up buying an used Linhof Technica, that I supose is a Model III. My problem is that the ex-owner used a bellow so large, maybe for macro work, th at the camera is not able to close. This is a problem for me because I plan to t ravel with the camera. The easy solution for me could be to transplant the bellows of a old inoperative Graflex Press Camera to the Linhof. Is it possible? The sizes will match? Thank you very much in advance.

Bellows transplant

Hi Rodrigo, I cannot answer your question directly, but should you have to consider new bellows then I can put you in touch with a firm in the UK who will make them up and mail them to you.

Clive

Bellows transplant

Yes, contact the people in the UK at http://www.camerabellows.com/. They are very good, fast and you get a bellows that works as a true replacement. They are about $130. USD.