Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Large Format gathering Oct. 23-27th

Re: Large Format gathering Oct. 23-27th

Quote Originally Posted by gene LaFord View Post
    I would like to thank Steve for hosting an incredible weekend. It was great. Monty is such a wonderful teacher. And Eddie... I haven't seen that much enthusiasm in one person in a long time. It was a pleasure to meet you.

gene
    thanks gene,

enthusiasm still high! i have the hard to get chemicals ordered......i will order the rest tomorrow when my recipes arrive.....been selling the extra to fund it...man this is going to be fun! stay tuned.

thanks again everyone. i had a great time all around!

see you all soon.....right?

eddie
    My YouTube Channel has many interesting videos on Soft Focus Lenses and Wood Cameras. Check it out.

My YouTube videos
    oldstyleportraits.com
    photo.net gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Monty McCutchen View Post
    Which camera to buy? What film, developer, paper, process to use? What lens will make my work glow? I asked all of these questions--most of them on this forum. The fact remains though that since I took up Large Format photography the real payoff has been the people that have entered my life. The friends I have made are the real joy. Steve, Jack, Gene, Tim, Marie and all of the rest of the incredible group up in the Northeast are what make the benefit for Middlesex Hospital what it is-which is top notch. If you have a chance to participate next year I encourage you to as it will be worth your time and energy to be associated with such fine folks.

Thanks for allowing me up to help this year--it was an incredible experience.

Monty
    One day soon your novel will be published as you have a rare talent to say a whole bunch with a few words

Real photographs are born wet !

www.PowerOfProcessTips.com

Thanks to Steve, Glenn, John and all who worked to make this another great event. Sorry that I missed Monty's wet plate demo, but seeing his and Dave Prifti's work made up for it. When you put work from 50+ photographers together, it's great to see the difference in vision, printing styles and the myriad variations on the printing process.
    I'm looking forward to the next event already.
    r.j. phil
    www.rjphil.com
    N.E. Large Format Photography Collective

I am glad that I went there, even for only one day. It was very nice to learn portrait from Jack in the morning and saw so many excellent works at night. Most importantly, the people I met is amazing, what a group of up-beat photographers! I haven't laughed like that for a long time.

Also, I am glad I went shooting with Monty and Prifti in the afternoon, greats guys to hang out with.

I will see what I can come up with in one year, because next year I will participate for sure and I will try my best to make three my best prints for the show.

Thanks to Steve, Curtis studio for their efforts to make things happen.

i got everything ordered...should be here soon.....i am close! still excited!

here are some scans from the plates i made (well, i am missing one. i took it to work and sprayed automotive clear on it instead of varnish just to try it. seems to have worked!)

you can see monty holding the one plate in post #28

thanks again all.

eddie
    My YouTube Channel has many interesting videos on Soft Focus Lenses and Wood Cameras. Check it out.

My YouTube videos
    oldstyleportraits.com
    photo.net gallery