Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Running out of money?

Running out of money?

Looks like the FS/WTB forum is jam packed with deals of all sorts, but there are more bumps than bites!

So have you all got the kit you need, or is your better half saying 'no' to more toys? Have all the belts been tightened?

Lets keep this photo related or it'll end up in the lounge

Re: Running out of money?

Ash,
    Right you are!
    I have nothing for next year!
    I need to book some weddings!
    At this time last year I had already been hired for 8.....
    Those deposits get us through the slow winter months.
    A lot of weddings WERE paid for with home equity loans....not happening now!
    www.davidsilvaphoto.com

Not stressing about stuff I can't possibly afford encourages me to get out and make more pictures (or stay home and make prints)---funny how that works out, isn't it
    "You can play a shoelace if you're sincere" -John Coltrane
    "You can take great photos with a Brownie" -me
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White

Yes, there is some really good deals, but at 61 years old, I pretty much have everything I need. I have been participating to gather up some "retirement" toys.
    Greg Lockrey

Wealth is a state of mind.
    Money is just a tool.
    Happiness is pedaling +25mph on a smooth road.

There are some good deal to be sure, but I have no need or desire for anything else - I'm happy with the gear I have. I'm spending my flash money on traveling places to photograph and on film/paper rather than equipment.

- Randy

Hmmm.

I'm thinking of selling / swapping some stuff, to try other stuff.

But not happy that things don't appear to be selling, and prices on stuff I want isn't falling.

...Vick

Addicts will always find a way to pay for their fix. Sellers here have no need to worry about the economy. They may have to wait a few months, but us junkies will be hard pressed to stay away.

For the storefront businesses, it may be different. The photography market seems to be down now. The pro stores in nyc had a terrible aug/sep. Fotocare decided to open on Saturdays for the first time in their history because business is down.

Etobicoke (west Toronto), west of the mighty Humber...

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Lockrey View Post
    Yes, there is some really good deals, but at 61 years old, I pretty much have everything I need. I have been participating to gather up some "retirement" toys.
    Hey Greg, just wanted to say that, for some strange age related reason, I really appreciate you being 61 years old. Toys? Well, I just bought a Martin D18GE and would love a pre CBS Tele like I used to own way back when...oh...photo related...um...OK, I'd like a 550 mm Fine Art XXL. I know it's pricy and that other lenses cover as well but I figure I have only a few years with the soon coming (Hugo!?!) 14x17 and may as well make an art of self-indulgence. My age affirms, justifies, excuses, permits, epiphanizes and revels in the prospect.... Please, just tell my wife that it is necessary and cheap...
    When I was 16 I thought my father the stupidest man in the world; when I reached 21, I was astounded by how much he had learned in just 5 years!

-appropriated from Mark Twain

Running out of money? No, try ran out of money. Years ago. It's nothing new, the USA economy has been nothing to brag about in the 21st century.

Bruce Watson

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Roody View Post
    Addicts will always find a way to pay for their fix. Sellers here have no need to worry about the economy. They may have to wait a few months, but us junkies will be hard pressed to stay away.
    LOL!
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White