Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Cameras/lens you wish you'd kept...

Re: Cameras/lens you wish you'd kept...

Horseman 6x12 and/or Veriwde 100

Widelux F7
    Leica CL -- not reliable but a great pocket camera when it worked.
    Ikeda 4x5 Field Camera
    210mm Symmar-S -- Missed this one so much I replaced it
    90mm Angulon -- replaced with f/8 Super-Angulon that I have never liked as well.

Fuji GX617 w 105, 180,300 lenses

Leica Noctilux 50 1.0

Nikon 200mm F2

Linhof Master Technika 2000

Nikkor 150mm SW

Jesse

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Petronio View Post
    You can buy anything you've lost on eBay.
    Maybe, Frank, maybe, and if possible for a lot more money than the one I sold brought.

I bought Hasselblad Xpan 3 times and sold 3 times. And I miss it now again.

Frank:

C'mon, be nice, now . . . some of us are masochists and need some space to fulfill our inner cravings. Among the truckload of LF cameras around my place I keep at least 3 Calumets to help me savor my need for self flagulation. Please pass me the chains.

You guys need to toughen up, you're being way too sentimental about inanimate objects...
    Too funny! And I haven't even had my coffee yet!

But Frank's right, why do (mostly men) become collectors? It doesn't matter the subject of our near neurotic obsession, we Have to Have One. Then when we do, we Have to Have ANOTHER. Coins, guns, lenses, motorcycles, etc. Was it the millennia we spend collecting seeds and small, furry animals?

Terence

You can sell cameras . . . ?

Quote Originally Posted by goamules View Post
    Too funny! And I haven't even had my coffee yet!

But Frank's right, why do (mostly men) become collectors? It doesn't matter the subject of our near neurotic obsession, we Have to Have One. Then when we do, we Have to Have ANOTHER. Coins, guns, lenses, motorcycles, etc. Was it the millennia we spend collecting seeds and small, furry animals?
    My excuse, at least with respect to macro lenses, is ignorance. When I decided that I needed some I didn't know which were good, didn't trust others' reports on most macro lenses, and didn't think I could afford ones known to be really good. So I bought and borrowed a lot of 'em, eventually found out for myself which wouldn't do. Who'd have thought that before the trick got out few people could recognize a Luminar that didn't have the word engraved all over it?

With respect to other lenses, well, its sometimes hard to pass up a bargain, as in "if it is going to be stolen, I will steal it." I'm getting better at resisting steals, tell myself over and over that I don't need 'em. At the moment there's a 150/6.3 Perfac on eBay.co.uk that tugs at me. Some folks insist that resistance is futile, but since I have two 150/6.3 CZJ Tessars I think I'll be able to pass on the Perfac. Now, if the BIN price had been UKP 5 ...

An Alpa 9D with 50mm Macro Switar that I bought from a local Swiss hairdresser when I was 17. Nothing touched it on Kodachrome (I still have a few kicking around). Not really knowing what I had I sold it and put the money towards a new black Pentax Spotmatic F. That was 35 years ago and it still hurts. I still have the Spot and as much as I like it it always feels as though I'm using second best.

Martin