I have received he following PM from a photographer and I will pass this to the factory. Since there are quite some people in this forum using Chamonix cameras, I want to share this with you all.

Hello Hugo,

I received the camera and am happy with it. Thanks for the quick service.

I must point out that the two tabs that retain the lensboard at the top (the ones that rotate to lock it in place) don't allow for some boards. I use boards that I have made as well as a Linhoff standard board. They all fit well into at least three other LF cameras I use, but I discovered the hard way that the Chamonix requires thinner boards. I thought the two tabs were properly engaged, but they did not fully rotate, and they became loose and on two occasions, the lensboards fell out, damaging one lens seriously as it hit a rock. I needed to thin the boards at the two locations where the tabs rotate down, and then saw the full travel of the tabs, which is adequate.

I think you should share this information with the builder and with all users on the LF Forum and on your website. Users need to check the engagement of these tabs. The damaged lens is worth nearly the cost of the camera itself.

Other than that, the camera is wonderful, and I have made some fine images with it.

Sincerely,

Jeffrey Sipress

Santa Barbara, CA