Page 113 of 115 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115 LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 1150

Thread: Post your churches

Huub

Re: Post your churches

And then there is the option that the tower isn't vertical in the first place. The Pisa tower isn't the only one that is tilting. Actually quite a few church towers here in the Netherlands, especially those that have been build on peat soils, tend to tilt in all directions. The one in Dordrecht for instance is a big and famous example, that started moving to one side when it was build, so they decided to stop half way.

Church, Barrow, Somerset, UK. Deardorff 8x10 with 5x7 reducing back. Can't remember the lens. Platinum print.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	platinum church door.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	202.7 KB 
ID:	242315

Church, Richford, Somerset, UK. Deardorff 8x10 with 5x7 reducing back. Can't remember the lens. Gum over platinum print.
    This church was converted to a house. I nipped over a wall to take the shot and the owner set two dogs on me for trespassing. Jumping back over the wall with a ton of equipment was surprisingly fast and easy!

Name:	Church Rickford.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	98.0 KB 
ID:	242316

Quote Originally Posted by MadJake View Post
    Church, Richford, Somerset, UK. Deardorff 8x10 with 5x7 reducing back. Can't remember the lens. Gum over platinum print.
    This church was converted to a house. I nipped over a wall to take the shot and the owner set two dogs on me for trespassing. Jumping back over the wall with a ton of equipment was surprisingly fast and easy!

Name:	Church Rickford.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	98.0 KB 
ID:	242316
    I like your work, John. Maybe if you had yelled to the property owner that you would give him/her a print, they would have called off the dogs.

Old church on Route 66 in CA. Portra160, 75mm Nikkor, f/32, 82A filter if I remember correctly.

Blair Dagor Toyah Church by rrunnertexas, on Flickr

Blair 8x10 camera with 12" Dagor lens, Ilford FP4+ - Toyah, Texas

Old Bedham Church by Toby Key, on Flickr

Bedham Church was built in 1880 and served as both a village school and a church. The pupils turning their chairs to face east and putting away the inkpots on a Friday ready for the Sunday service. Prominent parishioners included Sir Edward Elgar. The school closed just before the Great War while the Church held its last service in 1959. Shot on 4x5. Ilford HP5 in Ilfotec HC 1:48, Fuji 125mm 5.6 NW 3 seconds at f32. I used a little bit of front rise and some swing to make the church sharp all the way to the back of the photo.

St Mary the Virgin, North Stoke, West Sussex by Toby Key, on Flickr

This church dates from 1180 if you look at the right of the picture, the small alcove was put there so the priest could administer mass to lepers.

You cab watch a video tour of the church here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKEdEhgR1bk

Small town, South Carolina, US

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias Key View Post
    Old Bedham Church by Toby Key, on Flickr

Bedham Church was built in 1880 and served as both a village school and a church. The pupils turning their chairs to face east and putting away the inkpots on a Friday ready for the Sunday service. Prominent parishioners included Sir Edward Elgar. The school closed just before the Great War while the Church held its last service in 1959. Shot on 4x5. Ilford HP5 in Ilfotec HC 1:48, Fuji 125mm 5.6 NW 3 seconds at f32. I used a little bit of front rise and some swing to make the church sharp all the way to the back of the photo.
    Nice! And thanks for the information about the history of the church and your technique.

Very fine, Tobias.
    I once stayed briefly in 1971 in a house built in 1067 by William the Conqueror for his cup-bearer -- at least, built on his command. Updated with conveniences.
    Philip Ulanowsky

Sine scientia ars nihil est. (Without science/knowledge, art is nothing.)
    www.imagesinsilver.art
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/156933346@N07/