Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: CS4 Suite...

Re: CS4 Suite...

What's actually happening on Sept. 23rd, the date I saw associated with CS4? Is it just the announcement, or are they selling the product?

A friend tells me that it's just the announcement, that about all of the CS4 Design Suite components are in beta test, except for Acrobat.

Hang around for GIMP 2.8 which will most likely have 16-bit support. GIMP 2.6, which is due for release anytime soon, will have GEGL implemented which finally makes way for higher bit depth. The prediction is that GIMP 2.8 will be available in 2009 - for free.

Quote Originally Posted by Eugene van der Merwe View Post
    The last thing i need is a version of Photoshop that can do even more! That said, i'll have the new version the moment it hits the shelves, my boss is very big on being "up to date"... His version of "up to date" usually means "lots to learn" for me!
    Man, I would love to have more people like your boss work with or for me! I always have to beg and prod most people to move along. I'll never understand resistance to learning, aren't people curious any more? Take learning out of work and you're left with no fun, just drudgery. Why would anybody want that?

At the very least, your boss is forcing you to remain competitive and marketable by keeping your skills sharp and current. If you really don't like that, you can always use that edge to find another job. Unless of course finding one is even more bothersome than learning...

Quote Originally Posted by neil poulsen View Post
    What's actually happening on Sept. 23rd, the date I saw associated with CS4? Is it just the announcement, or are they selling the product?

A friend tells me that it's just the announcement, that about all of the CS4 Design Suite components are in beta test, except for Acrobat.
    Dear Neil,

I might believe this date just happens to be an Adobe announcement, and if that is true, I will more than likely forget about CS4 as quickly as the announcement surfaced...

Then again, I might just park my CS2, take the wrapper off my CS3, and see what is under the hood.

jim k

Looks like it should be a worthwhile upgrade for the experienced users, but beginners or involuntary users have very little to gain over CS3.

I'm working on my MFA and school requires us to have at least CS2, which I'm running and recommend CS3. I found out after purchasing CS2, at the student price, that it can't be upgraded. So, I think I'll wait a while and purchase CS4 at full price so it can be upgraded next year when CS5 comes out! Looks like some good new features in CS4, especially if the pano stitching is greatly improved.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Best View Post
    Go here for videos previewing the new features:

http://www.photoshopuser.com/cs4/index.html

Don Bryant

Thanks for that link. Glad they finally integrated adjustment dialogues into the side panel instead of that giant image-obscuring popup box.

Photographer, Machinist, etc. Jeffrey Sipress's Avatar

What is this Gimp?