Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A total new guy, digital convert?

Re: A total new guy, digital convert?

Hello reeluff and welcome to this great community.
    I came, like you from the digital world, did my reading and waited patiently to buy all the stuff I needed. I got a used monorail (Sinar F), two lenses, holders, changing bag and film but never came to take one single shot with that setup. It was nice, I loved the gear from a gearhead point of view, but I did not use it. So I sold all and got a nice little folder for 6x9. Now, having done some rolls trough this one, I fell in love with the B&W film and am considering getting back into LF again, but not with a monorail, at least not with a classical one. I know, the field cameras are not that light, and don't have all the movements, but consider that a camera that sits at home is a waste, so look out for something you think you would actually use. I do not want to discourage you, just to point out a situation I was in and if it happened to me it could happen to you ( also note that I did not gave up film ).
    Regards, Stefan

Quote Originally Posted by Francesco Gallarotti View Post
    If you want to see an example of a medium format negative (shot with Hasselblad) take a look here. He scans everything with an Epson v700 and you can see that the results are simply outstanding.
    Hi Francesco, I'm glad you liked it

Hi Carlo!
    Welcome to the LFPF! You know I love your work and your scans ;-)
    How's life in Verona today? I am listening to NPR (National Public Radio) interviews about the economy and find really hard to feel not scared :-(

Life in Verona is fine. I'm not currently using my LF stuff for lack of time. I have many projects though, in particular yoga and portraits. I badly miss a studio...

Quote Originally Posted by Carlo Ch View Post
    I badly miss a studio...
    And I badly miss a darkroom... I wish I had the space to build a small one for learning to print black and white. I haven't even gotten my first LF camera yet (lens, films, holders and chemicals are all here next to my desk though) and I already want a darkroom... hehehehe...