Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: LFinfo deteriorating??

Re: LFinfo deteriorating??

Quote Originally Posted by evan clarke View Post
    That's my question, forum wide, is interest waning, not individually..Evan Clarke
    Actually mine has picked up some. Recently got into pinhole, something I haven't done since college, and began studying the carbon process. All because I peruse this forum. Being a commercial printer most photography for me is like work, but "the art" part is getting stimulated once again. But I am known in the Lounge as somewhat of a hell raiser. It helps to pass the time while running my printers as some may know isn't what you would call that mentally challenging.
    Greg Lockrey

Wealth is a state of mind.
    Money is just a tool.
    Happiness is pedaling +25mph on a smooth road.

Has Been LF Photographer

I've hung up my LF photography for a number of reasons, but have found this forum to be invaluable even though I no longer own the equipment.

First came the threads on the book publishing which led me to Blurb. That has allowed me to produce to hard cover books (family oriented) that would never have happened without this forum.

Second came the introduction to negative scanning as discussed herein. I plan on acquiring a scanner and get back to looking through my hundreds of LF negatives in the future.

Third, I was able to sell almost all of my LF gear on this site, hopefully getting some nice things into the hands of younger members.

I have nothing but praise for this forum. It is unique in it's style, and serves a major and direct service.

A Lounge on this sort of forum is valuable and useful, but could stand to be shed of some of the endless rabid political discussions that lead absolutely nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by eddie View Post
    ...and that is from a guy who say no to the FS and the lounge....what are you doing in there Sal.....?...
    Click on the link and read my post. It answers your question in detail.

Quote Originally Posted by jetcode View Post
    ...If you kill the lounge I will post much less because I have absorbed as much LF as I am interested in at the moment and I am not a fanatic of LF photography as I once was...
    This is the Large Format Photography Forum. Were I the site's owner and you said that to me, my reply would be: "Goodbye; you're welcome back if you ever become interested in the subject of my forum again." Of course, I'm not the owner, Tuan is.

I don't enter the Lounge. I'm not interested. I wish I didn't have to be somewhat interested in this dismal presidential race. Perhaps when it's over we can get back to engaging in civil discussion of the topic in which we share interest.

jetcode

This thread belongs in the lounge

The Rookie

I'm just here to learn. I would like to see the Lounge converted into a "Beginner's learning place"

There are plenty of forums for politics out there if a guy wants to waste time typing out opinions that nobody but him cares about. Join National Write Your Congressman if you want to actually put your opinion where it can make a difference.

I hope LF isn't dead... I just got there! It's alot more fun and rewarding than I thought it would be.

Thanks to those who do the thankless job of moderating this site. I'm glad you're here.

...jmho
    Yeah. I'm familiar with Photoshop. It's the place I buy my film.

jetcode

Quote Originally Posted by Sal Santamaura View Post
    This is the Large Format Photography Forum. Were I the site's owner and you said that to me, my reply would be: "Goodbye; you're welcome back if you ever become interested in the subject of my forum again." Of course, I'm not the owner, Tuan is.
    I find it amusing that the person who complains the least is the forum owner.

Alas, I haven't been posting as much lately because I'm neck-deep into learning how to combine FP-4+, Pyrocat HD, Azo and Amidol to create something I'm not embarrassed by.

Quote Originally Posted by cyrus View Post
    Well, at some point, all possible LF issues will have been discussed, right?
    You would think so, but I seem to find a new way to make a mistake every time I go out shooting.
    juan

Quote Originally Posted by jetcode View Post
    This thread belongs in the lounge
    Yep, I regret it now...Evan Clarke