There are many good suggestions above but I thought I'd add my 2 cents.

First, head to a local bookstore or hit an online source to pick up a view camera book. At the beginners stage, there really aren't any BAD large format books (Heck, there's hardly any available at all!), though there are one or two that may be too in depth to start.

Next, in case you didn't get to this forum through the Large Format homepage, you can find it here: http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~qtluong/photography/lf/ Sometimes we forget that people occasionally find this forum through sources other than Q's excellent web site. There are several articles that will help get you started.

If money isn't an issue, buy the best quality accessories you can because they're worth it. Many who start large format are strapped for cash after getting the camera though, so here are some suggestions to get you started relatively inexpensively if you're in that boat.

From your message, I see 3 key items you're missing:

1. A heavier duty tripod - Manfrotto 3011 is probably the lightest I'd use and is pretty reasonably priced. If you're not strapped for funds, you can spend all most as much as you want on a tripod. 2. A dark cloth - A t-shirt just ain't going to cut it! A local fabric shop can get you started cheaply. Dark courduroy works pretty well, but hold different materials up to the light in the store until you find something that blocks out as much light as possible. The best material I've found is a "microweave" suiting material. A yard and a half will cost you between 5 and 15 bucks and is more than enough. If you want to get fancy, buy two yards of the same material in white and sew them back to back. You can then put the white side out to help keep you cool in warm weather. Get a few feet of adhesive backed velcro too. As you use the cloth you'll find that sticking it together in a couple of places can be helpful. I'd stick it on where needed in the field, then sew it on permanently when I get back home. 3. Loupe - I've used a cheap plastic 8x slide viewing loupe forever. Most slide loupes have a clear base which works OK, but you can paint over the clear plastic with an opaque paint to make viewing even better. Use it on the GG to help make sure you're really in focus. It helps if it has a cord on it so that you can handily wear it around your neck. You should be able to get on of these for less than 20 bucks. Again, you can find loupes for several hundred dollars if you've got the cash, but the cheap ones work fine and don't bring you to tears when you drop it at the end of the day onto the rocks below you. (Ask me how I know!)

I wouldn't bother with another lens or a spot meter yet. Those things will just add more complexity at this point. What you want to do is concentrate on the PROCESS of large format photography. You need to get the hang of this process before you can really focus on the results.

Having said that though, I WOULD suggest that you change over to a slide film (Fuji Velvia or Provia would be a good start). The results will be much more satisfying to view and, in my opinion, it will be easier to judge how your mastery of the process is coming along. If you make this switch, don't opaque the base of your loupe. It will serve double duty as magnification for inspecting your film. Assuming there's no problem with your equipment, adding the 3 items listed above will help ensure that your images are as sharp as possible.

Good luck, and don't give up! Viewing your first successful large format images is well worth the work you put into it.