Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chamonix wish list

Re: Chamonix wish list

I have an idea for an accessory. I want a mask for the roll film formats (6x7, 6x9) to aid in composition. I think that a near-perfect solution would be to punch the appropriate sized hole in a focus screen protector. This piece could then be swapped for the original focus screen protector when setting up and would then mask all but the roll film aspect. Yes the protector has a little slop in it when mounted, but it can be easily registered by feel by aligning its vertical edges with the edge of the wood on the focus screen frame. I will probably make one of these myself out of a piece of thin plastic but the CF version would be nice.

George

Quote Originally Posted by Don Hutton View Post
    The one thing I do need to change which I haven't yet gotten around to is clipping the corners of the fresnel: my camera was delivered with ground glass with clipped corners; but the fresnel underneath did not have clipped corners - it's sort of the worst of both worlds - either you have intact corners and can enjoy composing right into the corners - or you have clipped corners where you can't compose into the corners, but you can easily check vignetting from behind the camera and your bellows can easily breathe as you move the front standard in and out. This is the worst of both worlds, but I just haven't gotten around to fixing it yet (small dremel cut on the corners of the fresnel should have it sorted)...
    This seems to be very inconvenient. I seriously hope the new batch coming out next month will have this problem fixed, mostly because I wouldn't know where to go to have the fresnel cut around where I live.

Quote Originally Posted by franz1999 View Post
    This seems to be very inconvenient. I seriously hope the new batch coming out next month will have this problem fixed, mostly because I wouldn't know where to go to have the fresnel cut around where I live.

take your pocket knife & cut it away - as I did
    br
    hase

Quote Originally Posted by hase View Post
    take your pocket knife & cut it away - as I did
    So the fresnel is just a sheet of plastic? Easy to cut? Cool, then it's not a hard-to-fix problem...

I am getting impatient here. Every single piece I ordered for the 45n1 arrived... I have read a lot and I am very much ready to start making some mistakes :-)

where is my 45n1?