Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bad ebay seller (venting)

Bad ebay seller (venting)

Hi everyone,

I just got hit w UPS "fees" of $48 for customs processing, from a seller who only allows UPS as shipping (one of the big photo sellers on feebay, shutterblade) and fails to inform you that on top of the already high shipping you will have to pay UPS their 'fees'. I wrote them asking for a refund and they just pointed to their small print, where such fees are mentioned. Of course no mention is made of how large they are, so you basically don't know until you get the item how much you have to pay UPS. I for one will not use this seller again, and reccomend you do the same. Peace.

Re: Bad ebay seller (venting)

Quote Originally Posted by G Benaim View Post
    Hi everyone,

I just got hit w UPS "fees" of $48 for customs processing, from a seller who only allows UPS........
    You must be in Canada too??

It is a huge issue, I read somewhere there is a class action suit in Canada against UPS for their outrageous brokerage fees. It is better to use UPS express, where the fees are built in to the shipping price, than to use UPS standard and to pay the seller the difference, it works out cheaper in the long run.

I have had the same issue in the past, and some sellers refuse to use the express for larger boxes, even if I offer to pay!

Drives me nuts!

I try to avoid UPS whenever possible after being hit by the extra costs. Not only are the costs high, they also like to deliver to ones home when most people are off to work. They leave a note saying they will come back another day...same thing. Then one either has to go and collect it somewhere far away or they offer to deliver to ones workplace...and forget to tell you they will charge you another cost for this special delivery on top of the other cost!

I like USPS, very reliable and if I am not there when they try to deliver, I can pick it up in my local store. It seems USPS has introduced some new pricing schemes and delivery services which seem to make my orders go into customs more often than before.

I just wish they'd tell you ahead of time, so I can make a decision, instead of being forced to pay extra. Terrible business practices.

I thought by now everyone was aware of the UPS brokerage fees. In all fairness to Shutterblade, I have had nothing but good experience with them.

Has Been LF Photographer

My experience with UPS in general is that they are getting increasingly undesirable to use. Their erroneous routing of packages has gotten to be terrible.

I've noticed that things shipped UPS vs. Fed Ex or USPS have obviously been handled much rougher by UPS and the packaging more damaged than that handled by other shippers.

UPS are notorious for their exorbitant brokerage fees and I believe there are a number of threads on this very topic. I have been burned on a number of occasions and in fact am engaged in a lawsuit with UPS at the current time.

I never buy from a seller who uses only UPS. I have in the past had dealings with Shutterblade and Shutterbladeoutlet and having nothing but praise for their business dealings. The problem is with UPS.

Is that a Hassleblad? Brian Vuillemenot's Avatar

About two years ago, I got hit with a bill of $50 from UPS after I bought something from Canada for the same bogus fees. I never paid it. They sent me another bill a few months later, but I shredded it. I haven't heard anything from them since. I will never do business with the evil people in the brown trucks, and urge all my family, friends, and acquaintances not to associate with them.

And don't even get me started on the menacing stickies that they leave on your door to redeliver a package! My delivery guy would always check both the "10:00-2:00" and "2:00-5:00" boxes. The one time I skipped work to await his arrival, he showed up at 6:45.
    Brian Vuillemenot

I did as well but never paid it...

Venting about bad Ebay sellers? How about having 3 claims open from two reputeable sellers and one that had excellent feedback but decided to flip the switch and run on people. $1400+ in dispute right now...20% of my bank account (yes, I know I'm not wealthy and don't have money tied up anywhere else...oh wait, my camera project and home audio system...and a car that I don't want to take in because I'm afraid about the costs of repair)

Sorry to hear about the charges from the "brokers"...such incredible thieves they are.

gabe, the seller has nothing to do with these fees. It is UPS you should be ranting about not shutterblade.