Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Chamonix website up and running

Re: Chamonix website up and running

Quote Originally Posted by John Powers View Post
    Nice site, great cameras.

Can someone explain the currency shown relative to US$?
    example 12x20: $4,200 EMS

Secondly "shipping: $310" shipping to where?

Thank you,
    John
    Hugo,

There were two questions. You answered the "to where", anywhere in the world.

The other question was how many US$ is $4,200 EMS? I am not familar with EMS currency and cannot find it on xe.com where I usually go for exchange rates. I am not saying that you are wrong to post the price that way. I am just saying that I don't know what that price means in the currency that I use.

Thank you,

John

John, EMS is Express Mail Service, iirc. I believe it's just the method of shipping.

Great site though. I really like the bellows bracket on the 8x10. What a slick idea.

Nice initial website. It's great that Chamonix is able to fill many orders while developing new products. How's it goin' Arca Swiss.

I had an 045n-1 for a short time and found it to be a wonderful camera. When Hugo announced the longer version of the 4X5 I sold my 045n-1 in anticipation of this version that will accommodate a 450mm lens. Any idea when these will be available?

Put a <title> tag into the <head> so that when we bookmark it, we know what site it is rather than just "Home".

Quote Originally Posted by Eric James View Post
    Nice initial website. It's great that Chamonix is able to fill many orders while developing new products. How's it goin' Arca Swiss.
    Heh...find someone to build you a back or build one yourself and you can have any format you want with an Arca rail and function carriers. You can even use Chamonix holders

I wonder just what this site is going to do to the sales of the guy off Fleabay. Surely, Hugo's pricing looks mighty nice by comparison and you know you have first rate service from him unlike the many days it takes for the guy on Ebay to respond, and in terrible English since he only knows enough to say yes and no...

I like the gizmo to keep the bellows from sagging. Neat idea. Also, I think there is a typo...Canadian Maple, not Canidian Maple...unless such a Maple exists.

Quote Originally Posted by John Powers View Post
    Hugo,

There were two questions. You answered the "to where", anywhere in the world.

The other question was how many US$ is $4,200 EMS? I am not familar with EMS currency and cannot find it on xe.com where I usually go for exchange rates. I am not saying that you are wrong to post the price that way. I am just saying that I don't know what that price means in the currency that I use.

Thank you,

John
    It should not be read as "$4,200 EMS" "shipping $310", but instead "$4,200" and "EMS shipping $310". I'd assume the $ sign means US$, just an abbreviation.

And yes, EMS is Express Mail Service...

And Hugo, thanks for linking my site. I've recently changed the ratio of shots taken on 13x18cm (5x7") and 5x8" in favor of the later. If only I had more holders, if only they were not that much expensive...

Jiri
    Jiri Vasina
    www.vasina.net

@ Google+ | @ Facebook | @ flickr

My books @ Blurb (only heavily outdated "Serene Landscape").

Maybe Hugo could sponsor photographers with equipment, like ski companies do with athletes!?

Talking Re: Chamonix website up and running

Do you have any particular photographlete in mind?