Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Chamonix website up and running

Re: Chamonix website up and running

Quote Originally Posted by Collin Orthner View Post
    Great to see the website! Very clean and simple. You know what would be really interesting to see would be a few images on the small factory, the making of the cameras and those craftsmen who build them.

And probably also a gallery of the owner, since he uses his camera in the Himalaya. I would love to see some of his photos.

Great to see the new site up, it's obviously early days for these guys so well done Hugo. I agree, it would be great to see some pics of the factory and some of the craftsmen, it's hard to visualise how many people put these beautiful cameras together, I'd love to visit the factory one day!

Quote Originally Posted by snaefell View Post
    And probably also a gallery of the owner, since he uses his camera in the Himalaya. I would love to see some of his photos.
    That would be wonderful indeed! While it would be a great self-advertisement for those cameras, the words "Himalaya", "photography" and "large format" would work great on Google to bring more people on your site.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Rolfe View Post
    Great to see the new site up, it's obviously early days for these guys so well done Hugo. I agree, it would be great to see some pics of the factory and some of the craftsmen, it's hard to visualise how many people put these beautiful cameras together, I'd love to visit the factory one day!
    Because of the long waiting time between the order moment and the delivery, it feels like it would be nice to see some pictures of the process of making these beautiful cameras. And, why not, some movies that you could easily have hosted on youtube.com (again would bring more traffic to you if tagged carefully).

Any updates about the September batch of 45n1?

Ted Mishima

I got a note saying 4 weeks on Sept 6...

Interesting... 4 weeks from Sept 6th is Oct 4th, which in Italy is celebrated as the day of Saint Francis (who is the patron of our Country). Sounds like my new camera was destined to be born on a good say,
    Thanks for sharing this piece of information. I wish whoever is in charge of the official Chamonix website decided to actually use the updates page to share these infos with all of us who are waiting.

Wink Re: Chamonix website up and running

Congrats on the web site, it's beautifully done, straight forward and clean, like the camera itself.
    That would be nice if the owner could show some of his pictures and his camera in action on the mountains ( there is a small picture on the catalog I found in HK, the guy is using his 24x20 on a glacier ) and I am sure people will be interested to see.

I bought a 8x10 in Beijing during the Olympics and I found the camera is super well made, world class standard. The film holder is just amazing too. I am new to large format and attached is my first 8x10 picture, the lens is Fujinon 300 mm f/5.6 and Shooting at wide open, the film is China made ERA iso100.

www.flickr.com/photos/chachahavana

Etobicoke (west Toronto), west of the mighty Humber...

[QUOTE=chachahavana;391152
    That would be nice if the owner could show some of his pictures and his camera in action on the mountains ( there is a small picture on the catalog I found in HK, the guy is using his 24x20 on a glacier ) and I am sure people will be interested to see.[/QUOTE]

Yes we would...where can we see this?

Ted Mishima

Chachahavana,

I really love that image. Very nicely done. I am one waiting for my Chamonix to come and really want to get started!!! Time moves too slow on this occasion...

Ted

Slightly OT: Does anyone know how much will US customs charge for the Chamonix 45n1? Will they call at home and accept credit cards? I have never purchased any large items from abroad and I have no idea how it works.