Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Crashing Browser

Crashing Browser

largeformatphotography crashes my Microsoft Internet Explorer when I try to open any of the threads. This doesn't happen on Mozilla Firefox.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Any suggestions for stopping it?
    Thank you.
    d

Re: Crashing Browser

Which version of ie?

I have pretty much shifted almost 100% of my browsing to firefox. It builds css more completely and just plain loads pages faster.
    Will Wilson
    www.willwilson.com

I would recommend any browser over IE. Mozilla browsers are more secure, and more intelligent when it comes to blocking spam/adverts.

Stick with Firefox

My IE in ver 6.0. Old, I know. I agree about doing most of my browsing with Firefox, which I keep current. But, IE seems to be a permanent fixture - at least for Windows users.

To anyone with a good experience with IE, what version do you recommend?

Thanks again,
    d

Preston Birdwell

DW,

IE 7 does a pretty fair job. It does have tabbed browsing, and is much less quirky and handles CSS much better than IE 6. IE 8 is still in beta testing, so I'd hold off on that one.

If you decide to install IE 7 be sure your OS is up to date. If you are using XP SP2, update it to SP3 before installing IE 7*. When you install IE 7, be sure to turn off your anti-virus.

*If you install SP3 over IE 7, IE 7 cannot be uninstalled. At least, that's the caution from MSFT.

-P
    Preston-Columbia CA

"If you want nice fresh oats, you have to pay a fair price. If you can be satisfied with oats that have already been through the horse; that comes a little cheaper."

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I would recommend any browser over IE. Mozilla browsers are more secure, and more intelligent when it comes to blocking spam/adverts.

Stick with Firefox
    That is actually not true. IE is just as secure as any other browser on the market. However, FireFox is much easier to configure - for example, I can turn off JavaScript quite easily in FF. I use both IE8 and FF 3.0, but prefer IE.

Quote Originally Posted by dwross View Post
    To anyone with a good experience with IE, what version do you recommend?
    99% of my browsing is done with IE. I have no problems with it. As others have pointed out IE 6 IS NOT RECOMMENDED as it is quite outdated. Use IE7. Do not use IE8 unless you willing to put up with the bugs - it is still in Beta, and won't be released to the general public until the end of the year. The reason I use it, is because I'm a senior programmer and I try to keep up on all the latest tools of the trade.

Thanks to everyone for the advice. I'll be upgrading to IE 7 asap (and then using Firefox! )
    d

i use IE on my "new" machines just so i can download FF......then i hide th IE icon and never think about it again....
    My YouTube Channel has many interesting videos on Soft Focus Lenses and Wood Cameras. Check it out.

My YouTube videos
    oldstyleportraits.com
    photo.net gallery

I have just downloaded FireFox at eBay's suggestion because AOL would drop out every time I tried to put up a picture. Now I can't find FireFox. Where can all those megabytes have gone to?