Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Doesn't Kodak want to sell 8x10 Tri-X anymore?

Re: Doesn't Kodak want to sell 8x10 Tri-X anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by Gene McCluney View Post
    If you quit using a particular film just because there was a change in packaging that didn't suit your fancy, then you really weren't committed to that film, were you?
    I went through several hundred sheets of 8x10 last year. More than one-half of that was TMX or TMY. Over the last six months, I haven't purchased any Kodak, and have no plans to do so.

Kodak makes great film, but so does Ilford and others. We can get excellent results from any modern film/developer combo once the time is invested to master it.

On one hand, Ilford listens to photographers and at least addresses the questions and concerns. Kodak, on the other, seems to ignore the coments from photographers, and appear to be focusing only on their own profits. That's OK, it's not my company -- they can do as they wish (and what their stockholders allow).

This grousing about 10-sheet-max boxes has been going on for quite a while, and I haven't heard a word from Kodak.

Given the reductions in Kodak's photo product offerings, it looks to me like they are systematically moving out of photography; and will in the future, only operate in the digital imaging market.

Oh well, times change.

-Pat

I don't want to bash Kodak either. They've got great products---really great products. All the people I've talked to at Kodak over the years have been very helpful. Customer support is (or has been) second to none when it comes to problem solving.
    I guess they just don't see only selling 10 sheet boxes as a problem.
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White

I guess the answer to this is, no they do not want to sell film!

I ordered a few boxes when my camera came in, I was quoted on some old stock as well as new. After nothing showed up, I called today, a mistake on inventory had been made, all the prices have changed, and nothing but 10 sheet boxes can be ordered.

I ordered 2x 25 sheets of FP-4 instead.

I know what it will cost, when I will get it and that the details of the order won't change day by day.

I will be writing to Kodak to express my displeasure, not only with the packaging, but the fact my dealer must buy through unreliable middle men.