Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Angels and Insects in Maryland, Aug - Oct

Angels and Insects in Maryland, Aug - Oct

It's the dead bug guy again.

I'm pleased to announce that selections from my ongoing Angels and Insects collection of large format, lith-printed macro photographs will be shown at The Delaplaine Center in Frederick, MD from August 16th through October 26th, 2008.

The opening reception is to be held on Saturday, September 6, 3-5 PM.

For more info: http://www.delaplaine.org/Exhibits.aspx

The Frederick News-Post wrote up a nice article to coincide with the exhibit, if you are curious about my work it has a lot of info: http://www.fredericknewspost.com:80/...?StoryID=78768

Regards,

Bosaiya

the Angels and Insects collection
    www.angelsandinsects.com

Re: Angels and Insects in Maryland, Aug - Oct

Bosaiya, I sure wish I could be there to see the exhibition.

Good luck!

I have been experimenting with lith-printing myself lately and came to find a lith book and immediately recognized one of your 'angels' on the half title page. I am impressed!
    http://worldoflithprinting.com/docum...ook_inside.pdf

Best Patrik

Thanks for the kind words, Patrik! Dr. Rudman has been both extremely helpful and inspirational to me in my lith-printing endeavors. He even wrote a very kind and gracious foreword to my own book. It was an honor to be included in his.

I certainly wish you much success and more than a little luck in your journey. I have had to begin reinventing the wheel as my materials-of-choice are no longer available and I have had to start over again. Not very many lith paper and developer combinations suit my Angels and Insects subjects, I'm afraid.

-B

Being a macro enthusiast myself I perused your site and found your large format macro pretty remarkable. Macro in small format are difficult enough but with 4x5 that's another level.
    Greg Lockrey

Wealth is a state of mind.
    Money is just a tool.
    Happiness is pedaling +25mph on a smooth road.

Greg, I have been shooting 810 LF macros (4x to 6x) for a few weeks now with a 210mm Nikon macro and a Norma system (LOTS of rail). Other than dealing with an extremely shallow DOF, I have found it quite easy. Exposure requires first grade math (lucky for me). Movements are made in incredibly small increments.

A monorail is IMO absolutely mandatory. I just received a 48" 810 bellow from Camera Bellows in England that will give lots of extra punch when combined with two 45 bellows. Currently two 500 watt halogens are providing light (and heat).

I would be interested to hear from others experienced in this field.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Fisher View Post
    Greg, I have been shooting 810 LF macros (4x to 6x) for a few weeks now with a 210mm Nikon macro and a Norma system (LOTS of rail). Other than dealing with an extremely shallow DOF, I have found it quite easy. Exposure requires first grade math (lucky for me). Movements are made in incredibly small increments.

A monorail is IMO absolutely mandatory. I just received a 48" 810 bellow from Camera Bellows in England that will give lots of extra punch when combined with two 45 bellows. Currently two 500 watt halogens are providing light (and heat).

I would be interested to hear from others experienced in this field.
    Wow 8x10 macro! That's what I was getting to about different level with the DOF, bellows extension and math calculations et all. I have a macro lens for my 4x5 but haven't had much opportunity to use it. I do more with stereo macro with a digital 35mm though. That's a lot of fun too.
    Greg Lockrey

Money is just a tool.

Greg, I just opened my new bellow. It is actually a 48" 57 to 810. I think now that I can use two 45 bellows, one 57 bellow and my 48" 57 to 810 bellow.

This should be interesting!

I would like to see a picture of a dime with that set up.
    Greg Lockrey

Money is just a tool.

Personally I find it much easier than working with people, but I don't generally have the patience for people, either. There are interesting challenges at higher magnifications, mostly movement related. Someone walking on a different floor can throw the whole thing out of focus, breathing too hard sends the subjects flying, a truck a block away wobbles the setup, that sort of thing.

Sometimes the heat of the lights sets the subjects on fire. But then who can honestly say that has never happened during one of their sessions?

Great stuff Bosaiya!

Have you found a replacement for Polaroid Type 55 yet?