Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gowlandflex

Re: Gowlandflex

My Gowlandflex (also an early one: in black leatherette overall and no tilt), had a cardboard mask on the viewfinder that fit over a small metal tab. The metal tab was geared to the lens extension and moved the mask vertically to compensate for parallax at short subject-lens distances. So either yours is very early and lacks this mechanism, or a part or two is missing. I sold the camera this spring, otherwise I'd include pics.

I emailed Peter about a Pocket View part two days ago and he returned my email the following day, so he's around and answering emails. I'm sure he'll respond to you soon.
    They are ill discoverers that think there is no land, when they can see nothing but sea.
    -Francis Bacon

Re: Gowlandflex

Quote Originally Posted by David A. Goldfarb View Post
    Did you give Peter Gowland your phone number? Presuming he's around and in good health (I haven't heard otherwise, but he is 91, after all) he'll call you. Really. Or call him as Vaughn suggests. He loves to talk with people using his cameras.
    I had a note from Alice in May, and they both sounded well... of all the people on the planet who should live forever, Peter and Alice are at the head of my list.