I am trying printing with multicontrast filters for the first time in a long, lo ng, time. I would appreciate guidance on how to print different parts of the ne gative with different contrast levels. I've got a negative I'd like to start wi th that has a fairly thin foreground (sagebrush and dirt road) and a very bright cloud filled sky with filtered sunlight. The road would need about grade 4 pap er to look decent, even after I intensified the bottom half of the negative. Th at would be way too much contrast for the sky, however, which I'd say would be a bout right on graded 2 paper. So with filters, what do I do? I assume that if I don't mix the light somehow I'd get an inevitable ugly line at the horizon. D o I pick the longer exposure half of the negative and hold that back and then ad d more to just it with the other contrast filter to bring it up or down some? O r something else? Hope this question makes sense. Thanks for any suggestions. I think the French are great and I don't have an Arca-Swiss so no abuse please.