Thread: Lowepro’s Limited Warranty

Saratoga, CA

Lowepro’s Limited Warranty

It has been my experience, over the years, having anything fixed or replaced under a manufactures warranty has always been a hassle but I’m happy to report that was not the case with Lowepro. Back in ~1989 I purchased their Super Trekker backpack for my 4x5 camera, lenses, etc. and have carried the pack all over the country. It has seen very hard use but has always provided excellent protection for my equipment. A couple of years ago the fabric started separating at the seams near the top and side handles and by this spring it was getting so bad I decided it was time for a new pack. While researching different camera pack options, I visited Lowepro’s web site and noticed that they offer a limited lifetime warranty on all their backpacks. I though it was a long shot, but I emailed them and asked if they would repair my pack under warranty. Their response was to send the pack to them and if the material had failed the way I described it, they would replair or replace it. I sent it to they and after about a week, they email back saying it was indeed covered under warranty but they could not repair it so they were sending me a new Super Trekker AWII backpack! About another week later I received the new pack, they never asked for my original receipt or any other proof that I was the original owner. This is the kind of customer service we all hope for, I will purchase their products again and highly recommend them to others.

Gale

Re: Lowepro’s Limited Warranty

Impressive! I'll have to contact Tenba about my TTP 34 tripod case, which is starting to show similar separation at the seams after several years, and see if they're as good about it.

I have several Lowepro's of varying size. When I wanted some extra dividers I rang them here in the UK about buying a set and they were happy to just send me a complete interior set for my PhotoTrekker, no charge, they never asked for a receipt from me either. Aside from the fact that they are well made etc this is one of the main reason I have several. Great service.
    Gari

Quote Originally Posted by gari beet View Post
    I have several Lowepro's of varying size. When I wanted some extra dividers I rang them here in the UK about buying a set and they were happy to just send me a complete interior set for my PhotoTrekker, no charge, they never asked for a receipt from me either. Aside from the fact that they are well made etc this is one of the main reason I have several. Great service.
    Gari
    That's been my experience also!

Don Bryant

I too had my bag replaced after about 3 years of hard use. No fuss, no quibble.

David

My experience with LowePro is the same... great customer service!

I used a Super Trekker AWII and lost that plastic gizmo that allows you to adjust the height of the shoulder straps on the pack. An email was sent asking to buy one and I received a reply back within the hour.

3 days later... there was one on my desk free of charge.

Certainly can't complain about their customer relations and service!

Cheers
    Life in the fast lane!

Thanks for sharing your experience folks!

That type of customer service should be rewarded. Your sharing will help us all make good decisions and compare on more than just price!