Thread: Fuji quickload holders

Fuji quickload holders

Has anybody used the"Fuji" ( not the polaroids) quickload film holders lately? I used the Polaroid 545i holders and had a bad expierience with their B&W film. I'm curious what photogs think of them.

Re: Fuji quickload holders

I started out shooting Polaroid and Ektachrome in a 545 holder. I had lots of problems with Readyloads where the clip on the end of the envelope did not engage in the 545. I then bought a Kodak Readyload holder and it worked perfectly with Ektachrome. Like others more expert than I, I advise using a holder matched to the film brand. The cost of the holder is very quickly saved in shots not lost.
    Duncan Dwelle

As DuncanD says. Use the holder designed for the film. I find it helpful when loading film to insert it almost all the way then the last inch or so I shove it in hard to engage the clip. The sleeves pull out without incident - then when returning the sleeve I engage it with a slight slam again. When yanking out the film packet I depress the release button for the clip with vigor and positiveness. Quickloads, Readyloads and Polaroids all function properly about 95% of the time. Mostly it's my failure during load and unload due usually to rain, wind or snow distracting me.

Nate Potter

I have been using a Fuji Quickload holder for several years, that was originally a used purchase. When I first got it, I pulled it apart and cleaned everything, though only a little dust internally. It is probably due for another cleaning soon, though it has been very reliable so far.

Ciao!

Gordon Moat Photography

Preston Birdwell

I have a Polaroid 545Pro and Fuji QL holder. The Fuji quickload films work ok in the Polaroid, but I have had one or two fail to engage properly. I've also had a few Polaroid sheets fail to engage properly in the 545. I noticed some film flatness issues using Fuji films in the Polaroid holder, as well.

On the other hand, my Fuji QL holder has worked flawlessly with Fuji QL's. I also use Nathan's procedure for loading and unloading the Fuji holder.

I'll second Duncan's thought regarding using a holder that is matched to the film brand.

-PB
    Preston-Columbia CA

"If you want nice fresh oats, you have to pay a fair price. If you can be satisfied with oats that have already been through the horse; that comes a little cheaper."

My problem was with Fuji's Neopan quickload. After exposing the sheet the whole sheet of film would not come out. Only the "darkslide" portion of the film would.I haven't had to much of a problem with using quickloads with a Polaroid 545i holder just with the Neopan.

Ignatisjk,

I've got both the Fuji QL holder and the new single sheet Kodak Readyload holder. I have so far only used Fuji quickload film.

You can find easily enough that the Fuji holder does not work with Kodak packets, but that the Kodak holder is compatible with the Fuji packet film.

As far as the holders go, they're both nicely made.

The kodak holder masks a bit more of the image than the fuji holder.

The holder I choose to take out in the field is the Kodak one.