Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Satin snow still exist ?

All metric sizes to 24x30 Ole Tjugen's Avatar

Re: Satin snow still exist ?

With Dave pulling out of the business, I would order GG from Geert at http://www.sheetfilm.be/

Since I'm in Europe, I think I'd do that anyway - even if the Satin Snow glasses I've got are very fine.

Folks,

I have answered every email I have received, I have explained numerous times on this website, what has happened in the last year and a half, which includes the murder of my sister, a broken back, and now 7 surgeries to repair that, as well as a couple of stints in the hospital for pneumonia, I don't ignore emails or orders that are on file with me and I am working as fast as I possibly can to get them out, I am sorry, I have refunded some orders and as I get funds am willing to refund what I can for those who wish.

I have not tried to hide from anyone, I am still plinking away at our orders, I have also put out almost 200K of my money to pay medical bills, I have no insurance as a self employed person.

For the last 6 months, I have been recommending both the brilliant glass as well as Geert in Europe. Again, I am not hiding from anyone, I and my wife still answer the phone, we still answer our emails when we get them, often times I will get calls from customers who said they have emailed and I never got it...as far as lost orders, I don't care what your experience with the various shipping services are, I have indeed had problems with them, in fact I just received notice, I have over 50 European orders being held by customs! So I am addressing that, to see what the hell is going on as I thought I had things cleared up with them and paid an extreme amount of money for an export permit to avoid this happening again..

So please bear with me, I currently have about 200 orders to fill and am working on them as fast as possible, what used to take me 2 days, now can take two to three weeks minimum, that is if my Doctor says I can do it.

I am sorry, but don't worry, I am still here, I am still working on it and I will get them all filled, in the mean time, I still recommend either Brilliant or Geert, they both make very good glass.

Dave Parker
    Satin Snow Ground Glass.

PS. A quick search or a PM here would have avoided this, and Leonard, if you never received the second one, I did not know that, I never said, I didn't have the time!!!! and take offense at the accusation, I have always been upfront and honest with the LF customers and the community!

If I were ignoring the community or didn't have the time, I could be like other vendors who have just disappeared and left customers hanging, but I have not done that, despite what I get sometimes, I take it and continue to work to get this all cleared up, and I will never disappear, I will continue to be part of the photographic community as long as I am allowed, so if your pissed at me, all I can say is either I will refund the money when I get it, or I will get your screen to you.

Sorry to hear about your problems Dave but where's my $15 GG? (a joke, I don't have any orders with SatinSnow)

Damn Dave, you have had some tough times as of late. I can only hope that you get past all these issues as quickly as possible and have far easier times ahead of you.

Brian,

Thank you, yes indeed it has been a difficult year and a half, by this time, my home was suppose to be paid off, with all this happening, I will be paying on it at least another 10 years! that is what a simple slip off a ladder can do to you!

But I am a guy that believes the glass is ALWAYS half full, and am working very hard to keep it that way, one of these days, it will be full again, and I will be able to retire..

Thanks again.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Parker View Post
    Brian,

Thank you, yes indeed it has been a difficult year and a half, by this time, my home was suppose to be paid off, with all this happening, I will be paying on it at least another 10 years! that is what a simple slip off a ladder can do to you!

But I am a guy that believes the glass is ALWAYS half full, and am working very hard to keep it that way, one of these days, it will be full again, and I will be able to retire..

Thanks again.

Dave

Dave I thought you were a guy who always thought a glass was acid etched on one side? Your situation is a perfect example of why universal healthcare should be available. But that's more an issue for the lounge.

After reading everything on this Forum by and about Dave, I had a prompt email exchange with Dave. I placed my order in March. I felt that Dave was the type of person I wanted to business with and deserved my patronage. I knew then that delivery might take a bit of time. No worries. My Satin Snow ground glass will be here when it gets here and not one minute sooner. That's fine with me!

Cheers Dave!

Wayne
    Wayne
    Deep in the darkest heart of the North Carolina rainforest.

Wayne's Blog

FlickrMyBookFaceTwitSpacei

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Parker View Post
    Brian,

Thanks again.

Dave
    Goodluck to you and yours Dave. Indeed a fall can be bad. A fellow I grewup with is paralyzed in Billings after falling off the roof of his house.
    Ron McElroy
    Memphis

I have answered every email I have received... sorry but i have never receive any answer !
    Sorry for everything that happen to you ! I just wanted an answer to my emails, you can keep the money and don't send my GG it's not a problem, anyway i've order some GG from Geert !
    It's allways strange to buy something and never receive anything, it happens twice to me, but considering the amount and value of life, just forget it and enjoy sunny days...

Quote Originally Posted by archivue View Post
    I have answered every email I have received... sorry but i have never receive any answer !
    Sorry for everything that happen to you ! I just wanted an answer to my emails, you can keep the money and don't send my GG it's not a problem, anyway i've order some GG from Geert !
    It's allways strange to buy something and never receive anything, it happens twice to me, but considering the amount and value of life, just forget it and enjoy sunny days...
    Well I am sorry as well, because I have never received an email, or I would have answered it!

Why is it always the vendors fault? We are dealing with a dynamic network that spans the world...and sometimes things happen with networks..

If you would please provide your real name, it is very difficult for me to ascertain who the hell I am talking to when you go by an alias, with no reference to who actually placed the order..

I don't want your money, unless I deliver the order, If you tell me who you are! I will be happy to refund your purchase price as well as the shipping, but please don't always assume, it is the vendors fault when communications fail, I have been in the internet business for far to long to accept that!

Does everybody always assume us that do business over the internet, are always crooks?

Geeze guys, give me a break..before you go on the net to say something, at least have the common courtesy to let us know who we are actually dealing with, so we can find out what the hell happened!

Dave

By the way,

I just went through my orders, both international as well as domestic on the 17th of August 2007, I received 56 orders that day, I have shipped 51 of them, could you please tell me your real name, so I can figure out what happened?

Dave