Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Surreal Interpretations

Re: Surreal Interpretations

Like it a lot, Joe.

Quote Originally Posted by jetcode View Post
    A thread for images that expand interpretation beyond the original scene. Post images you consider having a surreal interpretation.

This image was taken around 2:30 near Eureka dunes. A texture screen at the film plane was used in an attempt to create a pictorial effect. Did it work? Does the image work?

This is great Joe! Perhaps my only negative is that the grain pattern is a bit sharp but hardly a show stopper. What kind of texture screen did you use if I may ask?

Don Bryant

jetcode

Quote Originally Posted by D. Bryant View Post
    This is great Joe! Perhaps my only negative is that the grain pattern is a bit sharp but hardly a show stopper. What kind of texture screen did you use if I may ask?

Don Bryant
    A tracing paper cut to 4x5. I actually have this image without the texture screen and all I have to do is print it. It has all the detail.

thanks everyone

Good for you! Way to stretch your head!

What's next??
    Bruce Barlow
    author of "Finely Focused" and "Exercises in Photographic Composition"
    www.brucewbarlow.com

jetcode

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Barlow View Post
    Good for you! Way to stretch your head!

What's next??
    split tone printing, I'm finally able to make some sense out of my image library

I think this definitely gives the "surreal" affect - I like it! I wonder what one of those swirly lenses using this effect would look like....try it out!

Another surreal photo.

Quote Originally Posted by jetcode View Post
    RW a small jpeg does not show the nature of the texture very well.

This is one of my favorite images for it's mood and simple composition. This took about 6 hours to dial it in Photoshop CS2 utilizing 9 layers or so.
    Image asthetics aside (I do like it, but...) you can't judge an image from a dinky JPG on a monitor. I understand there are limitations on posting images in the forum. But maybe (perhaps you already did this, I haven't waded through all the posts) you could have a link to a higher res version that would be easier to evaluate on a monitor.

All those hours of Photoshop (or wet work for that mater) can be shot to hell by web image hosting.

jetcode

Quote Originally Posted by rwyoung View Post
    Image asthetics aside (I do like it, but...) you can't judge an image from a dinky JPG on a monitor. I understand there are limitations on posting images in the forum. But maybe (perhaps you already did this, I haven't waded through all the posts) you could have a link to a higher res version that would be easier to evaluate on a monitor.

All those hours of Photoshop (or wet work for that mater) can be shot to hell by web image hosting.
    The piece is presented accurately in the .jpg above from a macro perspective.

I'm in the process of putting a web site together. It is taking some time to finish but should be available by the end of this week.