Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking for Jorge Gasteazoro

Re: Looking for Jorge Gasteazoro

While I think Jorge can be a jacka$$ a lot of the time, I don't believe for a moment that he's a thief. He'll probably respond here in due course or to your emails.

As I understand it, he's in the process of setting up a business. No doubt he's extremely preoccupied with that right now.

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula

I don't know much about Jorge or anything about the situation you are in... but I found an address and a phone number with about 2 seconds worth of research on VERY public site. Don't know if they are current or not, but if I can do it you should be able to also... without all of the mystery and such. Good luck to you in resolving your situation. I'd be uncomfortable too!

I have all the information for him....that's not the problem. I have his phone number...and have called him. I have his email addresses and have emailed him many many times.

I get no response no matter which method I use.

That's the problem and that's why I've gone public with this here.

He has replied here so often that I thought, surely, he'd come and explain himself but the longer he stays quiet and the longer he avoids me the more clearer it becomes that he's stolen my money.

I don't rejoice in saying it and I hope I'm wrong but at this point I can no longer conclude anything but theft.

Again, I hope I'm wrong.

I feel this thread is getting out of hand.

Hackphotographer, I respect the fact that you try to establish contact with one of the forum members. I understand from your post that you claim to have a dispute over a transaction with this forum member. Even if everything you say is true (which is impossible for us to verifie) I feel that this forum is not the right place to settle an e-bay claim (assuming there is one). You should use the approriate channels for that. And it certainly is not correct in my opinion to imply that a forum member is a thief. Name calling is among the definite dont's here.
    This forum is for the discussion of Large Format photography related topics. Not about unsatisfactory bussiness deals and the ethical merits of other forum members. That has nothing to do with being right or not, it is just not a topic here.

Furthermore I am uncomfortable to see that private information about a members whereabouts are readily disclosed on this forum. OK, fundamental points made... climbing down the fence now.

Hackphotographer, you have asked Jorge to get into contact with you. I think that is perfectly legitimate. If he still visits this forum and wishes to do so then he will, if not then so be it.
    Please let it go at that. Thank you.

Thanks Jan. Remember your words when it happens to you one day.

Quote Originally Posted by SAShruby View Post
    Hack,

First of all, you chose an awfull nick, you didn't use your real name starting this conversation and based on my experience, Jorge is decent guy. So far, I created my picture right now, not favorable to you thus far.

Put aside my view, there are lots of thing they could go wrong i.e., there might be postal address error (happened to me several times).

Keep in mind, he is not gonna do any extra work for you. He will contact you if he gets his gear back. Otherwise, from his point of view, he did what he supposed to do. I can assure you his personality definitely not average but way above.

Btw, do you have a tracking number? If I'd buy Hassy, I get a tracking number then. At least for price you pay, $20 difference is no concern.
    I'm sorry but this is one of the most ridiculous posts I've ever read in this forum. Did you see the part of the message in which the OP said that since paying he's tried to contact Jorge by email and by telephone and has received no response to his email messages and his telephone calls haven't been returned? Did you see the part where he said he received responses to emails before he paid but has received none since? What do you mean "do you have a tracking number? If I'd buy Hassy, I get a tracking number then?" The OP is the buyer, not the seller. Buyers don't obtain tracking numbers, sellers do. The only way he can get a tracking number is if Jorge gives him one and so far that hasn't happened. What's "he will contact you if he gets his gear back" suposed to mean? The OP has never received the gear so how can he do anything with respect to it? More importantly, why is he supposed to wait for any communication from Jorge until Jorge "gets his gear back" (assuming, as you do for no reason, that it's been shipped)? You've formed an unfavorable impression of the OP because he used a pseudonym? What's the name he used have to do with anything? Many people here use pseudonyms. What's "keep in mind he's not going to do any extra work for you" supposed to mean? Is responding to email messages or returning a telephone call "extra work" in your view? And why would a "postal address error" prevent someone from responding to email messages or returning a phone call? You say "he did what he was supposed to do?" Wasn't the Hasselblad equipment supposed to be delivered to the buyer? So far and for whatever reason that hasn't happened so what's the basis for your conclusion that "he did what he was supposed to do?"

I have no idea why the situation described by the OP exists and I certainly am not accusing anyone of anything or forming any judgments or opinions based on what we know solely from the OP's message. But your message makes absolutely no sense at all.
    Brian Ellis
    Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you do criticize them you'll be
    a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

As best I can see, Jorge has not been to this site since July 12.

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula

Quote Originally Posted by hackphotographer View Post
    I get no response no matter which method I use.

Have you considered a "vacation" in Mexico? I once had a brother (biological, no less) who was difficult to maintain contact with - and, boy, was he ever surprised when I unexpectedly knocked on his door!

Also, I do think this post is relevant Jan when this forum also allows it's members to post "for sale" ads here. It's my understanding that Jorge did post all of the items ( that he sold to me ) for sale on this site before going to eBay with them.

It would seem to me that the owners of the site would want to know if someone here is selling photographic gear to people yet never sending it to them.

hack, according to the Member's List he visited this board yesterday - same on APUG