You would think that living in a house I would have plenty of storage space but I don't think the designers were thinking about storage that much. The lack of closet space coupled with living with my wife and two daughters means I really don't have any storage space to myself. My 35mm gear lives in a Lowepro Minitrecker hanging on the back of the only closet on our first floor, it's jammed with coats, a vacuum cleaner and food. No room upstairs, too many clothes and shoes. Half the basement is finished off but this is our cat's domain and there is cat hair everywhere, finished and unfinished sides.

I used to keep my large format gear in a Kelty Redwing/Photobackpacker in the trunk of my car but it gets pretty hot in the summertime (bad for film) and I worry about all the vibration-especially with respect to my analog spotmeter and LunaPro SBC. I would love to get a nice furniture cabinet to keep my gear in but they are really expensive and I'd rather spend money on photo gear. I have also started to pick up some RZ67 gear so I really need more storage. I have thought about storing my gear in the garage in some cabinets but it gets pretty hot in there in the summer (100F+) and cold in the winter (well below freezing).

If you've gotten this far and have any suggestions I'd love to hear from you,

Scott