Thread: Epson 7600 roll feeding problems!!!

Epson 7600 roll feeding problems!!!

Hi there,

I am totally new to this forum. I just bought an epson 7600 secondhand and am trying to feed paper into it. I followed the instructions and it feeds the paper but then automatically starts "printing"... it says on the display that it is "printing" but then proceeds to just feed the paper endlessly. I have it set to auto roll cut and it still does this. Does anyone have any idea what to do? I can't find any info about it anywhere...

Re: Epson 7600 roll feeding problems!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bruinstarz View Post
    Hi there,

I am totally new to this forum. I just bought an epson 7600 secondhand and am trying to feed paper into it. I followed the instructions and it feeds the paper but then automatically starts "printing"... it says on the display that it is "printing" but then proceeds to just feed the paper endlessly. I have it set to auto roll cut and it still does this. Does anyone have any idea what to do? I can't find any info about it anywhere...
    Two things - first, turn off the printer to clear its memory and make sure there are no print managers on your mac or pc still wanting to print. (Make sure everything is canceled.)

Secondly, make sure in your page setup you have specified "roll" paper. If it thinks its a sheet, it just keeps on going until the sheet ends - after 35 ft, if necessary. This is incomplete - I use a RIP to print, so if you are just using Photoshop, I don't remember where this is, but I wanted to reply quicker so you would get your problem handled.

Good luck

Lenny
    EigerStudios
    Museum Quality Drum Scanning and Printing

Thank you so much, I really appreciate it! I am going to try that when I get home. I know I had some job "cancelling" while the printer was doing all this, but it continuted to try to print. So you think the problem resides with the computer commands and not with the printer itself?

Oh you know what, I just had my fiance turn the printer on for me with the computer cable detached, and it goes straight to ready! Yay! So I guess that means it was an issues with photoshop's print settings. Thank you so much!

What happened is a print got caught in the printers memory. On/Off did the reset and trash of the job.