Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Threats=Bans

Re: Threats=Bans

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Lockrey View Post
    You ought to put a large red B for "banned" next to their names. I know that things can get heated in the Lounge but to get personal is way out there. And I'm with Frank, I'll gut 'em for ya.
    Yeah, to separate the good guys from the bad ones.

Oh, please...

Quote Originally Posted by domenico Foschi View Post
    Yeah, to separate the good guys from the bad ones.

Oh, please...
    It was a joke, Domenico.
    Greg Lockrey

Wealth is a state of mind.
    Money is just a tool.
    Happiness is pedaling +25mph on a smooth road.

A name does not a man make. It is rather the other way around.

Kirk, you were too kind. You should have put his name in public, along with all the colorful details. And for two reasons: to make everybody aware of his behaviour and to serve as an example.

What nonsense. A public pillory might do the trick. Anyone who behaves so abominably in private should be outed.

Kirk, I cannot believe you would run into a problem like this, especially right off the bat. I have had several people in the forum advise me not to get so riled up over the left wing oral masturbators in the Lizard Lounge. They may be right, ignoring them might be the best course to take. Not knowing the depth of the threats, I would just ignore them unless they are persistent. Hang in there, Kirk. Everyone I have talked to is glad you have taken on the job as moderator.

And so it goes. A pseudonym, with very few posts, implicating two individuals. I rest my case.

Clay

It is incredible that after only a few days, you get hit with your first venomous email. I had no idea that being a moderator rated combat pay. I think your response is the right one, and if anything, somewhat measured. Keep up the good work, and let's hope this is an outlier.
    Last edited by Ralph Barker; 27-Jun-2008 at 07:29. Reason: quote of inflamatory post deleted

One of the defining points of the last several decades of American life has been the loss of simple civility between people. In the past, one was civil even with the staunchest opponent in any arena. No more. Worse yet, it has become generally accepted.

Kirk, I applaud your decision to ban the offender. Your restraint in making it only a 30 day ban is even more praiseworthy; like many others, I think it should be much longer and additionally, conditioned on a [I]sincere[I] public apology.

regards,
    Russ

It was a joke, Domenico.
    I do not, I absolutely do not believe you.

If it keeps going like this it will turn out that you and Frank are two progressive professors of political science in Berkeley who unleash their dark side in this forum.
    Frank more than you, granted....

You ought to put a large red B for "banned" next to their names. I know that things can get heated in the Lounge but to get personal is way out there. And I'm with Frank, I'll gut 'em for ya.
    Greg, you make regular practice of indulging in petty ''personal'' attacks, its what you do best. You have the unimpressively long back catalog to prove it. The big red B may return to haunt you.