Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ivey Imaging in Seattle closing July 1

Re: Ivey Imaging in Seattle closing July 1

I have all my E6 processed at PhotoCraft Imaging in Boulder. They charge $1.50/sheet which is an absolute bargain for the quality of the work they deliver. Highly recommended.

Old School Wayne

I used to use Prolab and had talked to Ivey a few months ago and planned to use them. They quoted me $2.50/sheet as I recall. Imagine my disappointment when I tried to call recently. Anyway I found R&R in Spokane. I have used them once and was satisfied and sent them another batch this week that isnt back yet. 1.95/sheet. http://www.rrcolor.com/lolProcessScan.html

Wayne

With the economy as it is. I have started to use a roll back on my 4x5 camera and process my own B&W 8x10 film. I'm even planning to fit my bicycle with saddle bags and carry either my medium format or buy a Baby speed graphic camera to ride around town to photograph.
    What will you do to save a buck or two?

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Brummitt View Post
    With the economy as it is. I have started to use a roll back on my 4x5 camera and process my own B&W 8x10 film. I'm even planning to fit my bicycle with saddle bags and carry either my medium format or buy a Baby speed graphic camera to ride around town to photograph.
    What will you do to save a buck or two?
    I am looking at buying a Piaggio scooter. I figured for the $6300 that a new one costs I will only need to ride it for the rest of my life to come out even on the reduced cost of gasoline compared to my suv...

Adding to an earlier mention of Citizen's Photo in Portland, Or: They do excellent work. I've been going there for 16 years. I spoke to one of the sales reps about how long they will be able to keep going with color film processing, and the answer I got was, "we never made the mistake of buying a large processor." I guess that means that they are in it for the long run.

--Gary

Ted Mishima

Gary,

It has been years since I had any film processed at Citizen's. And now I know they do E6, the thought of shooting some colour is enticing!

Thanks,

Ted

We are losing our only color lab here in Albuquerque this December too. Carl's will be closing. This is in a city of 800,000 (including suburbs), the largest city in the state. That leaves only one lab in the whole state in Santa Fe.
    Thanks,
    Kirk

at age 73:
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"

not really close proximity but http://www.chromatics.com/Film_Services.htm in Nashville does E6 up to 8x10. Probably not the cheapest lab in the business. I have always been very happy with their work.

Another vote for Calypso at $1.75 per sheet.

"What will you do to save a buck or two?"

I'm letting my exposed film quantity build up more so I can save on mailing costs.