Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wraps for 8x10 holders

Japan Exposures

Re: Wraps for 8x10 holders

Thanks for suggestions. If I can avoid it I don't want another bag, just something to hold them together nicely...

I use the black plastic bag that comes with 16x20 or 20x24 Kentmere FBVC printing paper. I assume other papers are shipped with something similar. It is clean, light tight and already paid for. I carry eight holders in a small cheap back pack and another eight in a $15 zip up bag from Walmart. My rate of printing seems to exceed the rate that these black plastic bags wear out. In a pinch the same bags work pretty well for 7x17 film holders as well.

John

I use one of those zippered 3-ring binders with the ring part removed. Holds 3 or 4 holders in plastic bags.

Jon
    my black and white photos of the Mendocino Coast: jonshiu.zenfolio.com

The 8x10 (cal. Innovation bags) I had a year or so ago were perfect. I got hold of discontinued size for the promotional industry, as it's part of my business.

They are gone, but I recently found a cheap laptop pouch that will hold two nicely and is under $6.00.

If anyone wants some, I have to order 24 to get that price. I store my loaded holders in two of the bags I previously bought and sold, and carry two in the laptop case when hiking a bit.

Check out your "Pic-N-Save" if they are in your area for cheap cooler bags.
    "I invent nothing, I rediscover"
    August Rodin

My Now old Photo Site

Japan Exposures

Thanks all, looks like the solution is to look around for similar sized items for different purposes and appropriate it somehow...

Zippered dust-proof pillow protectors from Walmart. Cheap and organic (cotton) I use king size for my 12x20 holders. The standard size works for 8x10 but I prefer the really big Hefty zip lock storeage bags--I can fit 5 holders in one bag. The California Innovation coolers are very nice and offer some padding for protection. There are also insulated bags for taking home ice cream from the market and these have velcro flaps(not my cup of tea) and the Jansport Equinox daypack. I don't remember how many 8x10 holders I've fit into mine, but I'm positive it will take at least five or six---what I like is the color which is light tan to reflect heat. A classy alternative would be to look up a guy in Texas, Scotty Turner I think is his name, he ran Turner Saddlery and built beautiful leather chart cases for airline pilots. If you could talk him into making a leather bag for your holders you'd have one classy looking kit!
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White