Before purchasing my LF equipment, I am trying to find out what is the best way to end up with 2'x3' enlarged color print. (Using Velvea transapancy ISO 50) I was told by Schneider that a 4x5 camera with super high optics, ie. Super Symar XL asperical lenses with their new HIGH END BACK will produce atleast equal but usually better 2'x3' enlarged prints compared to 8x10 using traditional film hol ders and top end 8x10 lenses. The reasoning is due to a combination of both of these technological improvements available in 4x5. I was told the new asperical lenses provide a drastic improvement in sharpness which would be desirable for a 6x enlargement. The new HIGH END FILM back supposedly keeps the film and grou nd glass in the exact plane by vacuming the film on to the ground glass, then h aving the ground glass move back a distance equal to the thickness of the film. He said differences in tolerance even between the same manufacturer of film hol ders were drastic, and these were new film holders tested from all the manufactu rers. (This what created the need fo a better back) Assuming this is true about the film holders and the new aspherical lenses, then it would make sense to me that the same print in 2'x3' could possib ly look better with the smaller format. He claims he has seen this exact test s ide by side, and 4x5 is clearly the better enlarged print. (I still strugle with the 8x10 being 4x larger to start with, that seems a lot to overcome) If this is true, it would sure save me a lot of money and back strain g oing with a good 4x5 setup vs. 8x10. Of course the new HIGH END BACK is not che ap, $2,500 plus their film holders at $50 each. But this a lot less than the ad ditional cost of satrting with 8x10 due to higher cost of lenses, camera, film, processing, etc. Of course I asked him if the asperical lenses and HIGH END BAC K would be made for 8x10, he said there is no plans, not enough volume in 8x10 t o justify the tooling cost. Does anyone else out there agree or disagree with this logic, or better yet has anyone tried these HIGH END BACKS w or w/o aspheri cal lenses?