Just another thought on the subject of dropping newsstand sales.

I subscribe to several magazines and the list is based on the available amount of time I have available to read them,how much interest there I have in the material that they tend to offer, and my budget.

There is another class of magazine where I am not a subscriber but I keep an eye out for it on the newsstand in case a specific issue is of particular interest to me. Occasionally a magazine in this class gets promoted to my "subscription" class.

I used to buy a copy of Lens Work at my local camera store if there was a photographer or subject matter of interest to me. I enjoy the magazine and consider it well done but it just did not make it to my my "subscription" class. But who knows, eventually I might have subscribed as my interests change, available time changes, and budget changes. But that is not likely to happen now because I won't see it in my camera store anymore. Out of sight, out of mind. So while I may not have contributed financially to that magazine by purchasing it at a newsstand, as long as the magazine at least breaks evens on it, it may have been worthwhile because I might have eventually become a subscriber.