Page 67 of 275 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117167 ... LastLast

Thread: post your Architecture photographs!

Re: post your Architecture photographs!

Quote Originally Posted by spkennedy3000 View Post
    Thanks Jon, here is another one, same at f138, 25mm on 4x5", Ilford fp4 plus, I think around 10 minutes.

I like the look of pinhole images. Nicely done!

Have you been to http://www.f295.org/? There are a bunch of interesting people there working on pinhole images.

Jon

Jon,

Thanks very much indeed for the link, loads of stuff to look at there!!

Simon

joseph

Browneshill Portal Tomb, Co Carlow.

Details are pretty vague, but it's up to 6,000 years old, and the granite capstone is estimated to weigh between 100-160 tons, largest in Europe.

Taken on the Plank, 65mm Super Angulon f/8, Fomapan 100.

My contribution to the thread.

One of my first attempts at 4x5 this June. Tri-x 320, Chamonix 045n-2, Nikkor-SW 90mm lens. Film got a little fogged at the top.

David Aimone Photography
    Critiques always welcome...

LF/ULF Carbon Printer Jim Fitzgerald's Avatar

I guess I'll post this here. From the portrait gathering at Hugo's. I haven't printed the portrait work yet but this is a carbon transfer taken at the side of Hugo's house.

Jim

Pomona, CA
    Arca-Swiss 4x5, Provia 100F QL

I went driving into the heart of Pomona in search of interesting buildings and I came across this. It is very unusual to find such a unique structure in this era of tilt-up concrete cookie-cutter buildings. I couldn't pass it up.

Putrajaya, Malaysia

The Tuanku Mizan Zainal Abidin Mosque, or Iron Mosque (Malay: Masjid Tuanku Mizan Zainal Abidin or Masjid Besi) is the second principal mosque in Putrajaya, Malaysia after Putra Mosque. It is located in Putrajaya's Precinct 3, opposite the Palace of Justice. Construction began since April 2004 and was fully completed on August 2009. It was officially opened by the 13th Yang di-Pertuan Agong, Tuanku Mizan Zainal Abidin on June 11, 2010. The mosque was built to cater to approximately 24,000 residents including the government servants working around the city center as well as areas within Precincts 2, 3, 4 and 18. Tuanku Mizan Zainal Abidin Mosque's area is twice that of Putra Mosque, which is located 2.2 kilometers north.

The Iron Mosque features a district cooling system, and without assembly of fans or an air conditioning system. The mosque employs Architectural Wire Mesh imported from Germany and China, which is also constructed at the Santiago Bernabéu Stadium in Madrid, as well as the Bibliothèque nationale de France in Paris. The main entrance is reinforced with Glass Reinforced Concrete to increase the integrity of the structure and uses fine glass to create an illusion of a white mosque from afar. The path towards the mosque crosses a skyway known as the Kiblat Walk which stretches an area of 13,639 m². This skyway contains landscaping adapted from the ancient castles of Alhambra. The interior is decorated with Al-Asmaul-Husna calligraphy of the Thuluth variation. The entrance to the main prayer hall is adorned with verse 80 of Sura Al-Isra from the Qur'an.There is also a Mihrab wall made of 13 meter-high glass panel imported from Germany inscribed with 2 verses from Sura Al-Baqarah on the right-hand side and Sura Ibrahim on the left. The mihrab wall is designed so that no light will be reflected, creating an illusion that the verses are floating on air. The 40-feet long edges of the mosque's roof are able to shelter the people praying outside of the main prayer hall from rain.

Source : Wikipedia

Common Grounds, Marian University, Fond du Lac, WI
    Sinar P 4x5, 90mm F5.6 SA, Bergger 200, PMK
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know