Get one of the three following books:

"User's Guide to the View Camera" by Jim Stone.
"Using the View Camera" by Steve Simmons.
"View Camera Technique" by Leslie Stroebel.

All are very good, and will give you a head start when you find someone who can give you hands-on guidance. Later, it's good to have a reference book, and even after you've passed the point where you need to refer to a book, you'll find it's good to have something to loan to someone else just starting out or simply curious about how our way of working is different from other forms of photography.

Check whether the local community college has an instructor familiar with large format. Even if there's no course on lf, a good instructor tailors the content of a general course to individual students' interests.

Ask around about local lf photographers. Posting here as you did was a great idea, and you may well end up going out with Barry or someone else close by who's more than happy to show you the ropes and have someone to go photographing with. You may find you're part of a local lf community.

Go to the home page of this forum and read the articles that interest you, check out the free articles at the View Camera Magazine site, and buy a copy of the magazine at whatever local bookstore carries it, (call around, I think Barnes and Noble has it). If you like it, get a subscription; it's a great current and on-going resource. And participate here in the forum. Do lots and lots of searches on topics that interest you, and follow the current threads. If there's something you don't quite follow, ask about it. And if occassionally someone gets rude or gruff, laugh about it. It's their problem, not yours!

And go through the "Groups and Meetings" area of this forum. There have been several outings and get-togethers near you recently, and there will certainly be more! In my experience, we're a remarkably friendly group and I'm sure you'll be warmly welcomed.

Good luck, and welcome to the forum!