Anybody here ever photograph in Chile or Patagonia with their large format camera?

I am looking at cashing in some frequent flier miles and taking two weeks in either Alaska or Patagonia next year. I have been to Alaska and feel it is pretty easy to fly in rent a car, visit several parks, camp, and photograph. I was wondering how easy it would be to do that in Chile?

Would the experience be similar to travel in Alaska? Or would it be that more people take a bus to the parks? And if so how do you move the 4x5 and all the camping gear/luggage?

I know alot of folks backpack those areas, but with the legendary poor quality of Patagonian weather, I'd be reluctant to be backpacking with only a bivy sack (like I do here) so I can fit the Arca-Swiss in my pack. So I'd really prefer to have a car and a base camp to hike from. Possible? Best areas to do that?

Also, if anyone has camped there, were you in 4 season gear? What kind of tent and sleeping bag did you use(20 deg or a zero deg)?

Lastly, is it a fools errand to try to do large format work in Patagonia with all the wind? I can just see 6 straight days of rain and 40mph winds.......

Thanks for any info.