Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Epson Wide Format Printers

Re: New Epson Wide Format Printers

Quote Originally Posted by Van Camper View Post
    Those 350/700ml ink ($) cartridges sound expensive for light users (amateurs). It might pressure some of us to no longer consider a 24inch model, staying with 17 inch machines. If not used up it represents more ink wastage, while for heavy users it reduces your ink cost. Great idea for some of us, but less affordable for others due to ink cost.

Well, Epson has caught up to the Z3100, and added a few new things, but what's next from HP? . . . .
    Customer service maybe? :-)
    Brian Ellis
    Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you do criticize them you'll be
    a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

I'd be more than a bit ticked if I pulled trigger on a 7880 or 9880 which have not, if memory serves, been out for much more than a year. I have been running a 7800 for about three years and find it to be a very capable printer. Not sure who the 350ml and 700 ml cartridges are aimed at - except very high volume users. I get a very large number of 24" square prints out of the 220ml carts. They go for around $60. So the 700ml's will touch $200, and then times ten. That is no cheap date. I had a 2200 and 2400 and was smitten by the Epson Fine Art and Velvet - two lovely matte papers. Gave that all up when I got the 7800 to avoid the $70 ink dump with the switch out. Ultimately concuded that most folks can not tell what kind of paper you used once it is under glass.

Still Developing

Quote Originally Posted by Asher Kelman View Post
    Ron,
    So how does stability differ from lightfastness? One is short term and the other long term!!!

Asher
    Stabiliy is the ink changing even when no light is applied (self stability), Lightfastedness is the inks reaction to light..

Tim

On the automated switching from matte black to gloss black, a question is how much ink is lost. The 4000 has no ink loss in switching back and forth, because each of the two blacks have their own complete channel.

For me, that's the goal. Reading the promo information, it's not clear that the 7900 has this feature.

It appears to be a nice printer, though. How much is it? I didn't find it listed at the Epson website.