Page 231 of 427 FirstFirst ... 131181221229230231232233241281331 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,310 of 4262

Thread: Show off your Large Format camera!

Re: Show off your Large Format camera!

Quote Originally Posted by andreios View Post
    That wephota is actually foma 100. It could be obtained from FOMA directly as well.
    Thanks! I have seen someone mentioning it's actually Foma. But I didn't check Foma website, because the last time I tried (possibly a few years ago...) they did not have a webshop or they didn't sell outside zcech, can't remember which. Even longer ago we tried to order 16mm stock directly from foma but then the minimum order was not within the budget.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramiro Elena View Post
    It sure isn't priced the same...
    I'd love to get some half plate film but it is just too expensive. How do you get it directly from Foma?
    I don't know about fotoimpex pricing. I was in touch with the company running wephota brand few months ago and the stuff they were selling was repackaged foma 100. It may have changed but I strongly doubt it. There ain't that many film manufacturers nowadays...

As for foma - I get it either from their eshop or simply via telephone order. A box of 50 sheets of half plate film costs just under 50€. If any of you guys really want that, let me know, I can order it for you and forward it to you just for the price of film + shipping. I've been doing this for some time for a few friends around Europe.
    Website of sorts, as well as flickr thing.

Quote Originally Posted by konakoa View Post
    Thanks Michael! Sure. Don't have any photos when I was building the 5x7, so I'm posting a few from my 4x5 monorail case. They're very similar.

The walls are made with corrugated plastic sheeting. Foam is glued to both sides of the sheet for padding. The bottom of the bag has two layers of corrugated plastic for extra strength. Side walls are a single layer of sheeting. Canvas and ripstop is sewn around the foam and plastic sandwich and then each finished panel is sewn together end to end. For further support there's a set of straps and webbing completely wrapping around and underneath on the case like a harness. The webbing has metal D-rings for a hand or shoulder strap. Last is a removable dirt and dust cover made of canvas (and waterproofed) on the outside of the case. I stitched everything with a needle and thread. No sewing machine. Took about a week for the 5x7, two weeks for the monorail. Both cases are featherweight, yet strong.
    What a terrific job on this case.
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Moe View Post
    Linhof Kardan Color. Last iteration I think.

Took me a while to put a nice one together. Wish the tripod matched the dolly and camera, but it's a great studio rig. Does 1 to 1 with 480 mm Ronar.

I have taken it on location, but never again. I have more parts for the tripod and can lift the camera about 8 feet up.

Attachment 123297
    That's a great look'n setup, Randy.
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know

Is this thread for only our home-made cameras?

Quote Originally Posted by Jac@stafford.net View Post
    Is this thread for only our home-made cameras?
    No sir, it is for any LF camera you happen to own.

The price of half plate film looks reasonable compared to 5x7.
    The 8x10 however is more expensive than the store down the street from my house... How is this possible? More at the factory than the store??

Quote Originally Posted by andreios View Post
    I don't know about fotoimpex pricing. I was in touch with the company running wephota brand few months ago and the stuff they were selling was repackaged foma 100. It may have changed but I strongly doubt it. There ain't that many film manufacturers nowadays...

As for foma - I get it either from their eshop or simply via telephone order. A box of 50 sheets of half plate film costs just under 50€. If any of you guys really want that, let me know, I can order it for you and forward it to you just for the price of film + shipping. I've been doing this for some time for a few friends around Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramiro Elena View Post
    The price of half plate film looks reasonable compared to 5x7.
    The 8x10 however is more expensive than the store down the street from my house... How is this possible? More at the factory than the store??
    Well, Foma sometimes does have strange prices... I have in past bought Foma film in Germany as well rather than at the factory.. But what you can't beat is the paper offer - and e.g. the option of buying some not-so-standard combinations like 532 in rolls or similar...
    Website of sorts, as well as flickr thing.

Thanks again Andrej, I bought a pack of 50 sheets from the Foma shop. I was going to grab two packs but apparently they only had one in stock.

In a perfect world, everybody would own these: